LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.01 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis SP Demo

mobilenvidia

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

you're an idiot. buy the damn game if you want to play the full thing. of course it's not even out yet. and that link is to an EA site, the publishers of the game.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScaryMovies

• pulverputte

• val580

• hiro

sorry I misunderstood you. no there is no key needed for the SP demo. if you're talking about the multiplayer beta FilePlanet is running you'll need to subscribe to it and sign up for the beta. the game is coming out Nov. 16 though so if you can wait til then, wait. The MP beta is not nearly as optimized as the SP demo and there are lots of things to do in the SP demo that you probably skipped on your first run through. should keep you occupied for a while!

So are you guys saying that these 169.01's work with 8600M GT's? I didn't see them in the supported card list, so I figured it was useless...

And if so, overclocking actually WORKS?! I'm on 158.18 right now and it works fine, rivatuner 2.05 functions, but when I "updated" to the re-released 156.66, rivatuner quit on me. Not to mention, no matter how many times I attempt coolbits, NVCP NEVER shows the OC'ing options. I need overclocking to make Crysis playable on Medium settings, upped my 8600M from 475/400 to 600/500 without a sweat and it boosted my FPS enough to even enable some high settings.

Thanks in advance!

yep...

this driver r VERY VERY VERY... GOOD !!! :) i play crysis demo with this drivers and i am very very very... HAPPY ! CRYSIS IS FASTER (EVERYTHING MEDIUM) but no OC - i will... :P

cheers!! :)

There's no doubt about it for me. These are THE BEST DRIVERS up to date on my laptop.

Mobility functions work good, the drivers are stable for me and EVERY SINGLE GAME I HAVE TESTED works FASTER AND SMOOTHER.

I have never overclocked my card (and I don't plan to as I don't have a clue on how to do it and I don't want to risk it) but so far these drivers are an absolute plus for me:

Spiderman 3 works completely smooth at high resolutions with effects on medium (mind you, this game has EXTREMELY HIGH requirements, but is more due to the bad port than to the graphics themselves).

Oblivion works like a charm, most settings being on the highest at 1024 x 768.

Collin McRae Dirt works smooth at 1024 x 768 with most settings on medium and some on high.

Impressive performance on Lost Planet DX10 demo, it no longer gives me the "system does not meet the requirements" during gameplay when playing at 1024 x 768 and most settings on high.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance works smoother than ever at 1280 x 800, but I still can't turn on advanced lightning even on very low resolutions...

Bioshock runs without a halt at 1024 x 768 with settings on High and using DirectX 10.

I don't have 3DMark so I can't give any scores to you, sorry.

However, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones still doesn't work for me. It sometimes runs faster than it should, but most of the time it is so slow it is completely unplayable. I really wish somebody tested that game as well on Vista with an 8xxx card to check if I am the only one having this weird problem (this is the second laptop that does this to me!).

And I'm also downloading Crysis demo, which I will soon try as soon as it has downloaded and installed (that might take some time, my internet connection isn't exactly fast).

Oh well, if drivers keep coming like this one then NVidia will have once again some of my lost hope on them.

I definitely recommend this drivers!

After downloading these drivers, how do you install them? I'am having some difficulties installing them. Please help!

OC works, monitoring the clock, looks like we have a functioning PowerMizer aswell. Note, do not open the NV Control Panel until every things loaded and Windows is running or your gonna BSOD.

still no Powermizer for me! Are you sure that is works?

Geforce Go 7700

Guest Bournie

The drivers are really good. The only bad thing is: There are strange graphic bugs in the distance of the vegetation in the Crysis Demo...the bushes and trees are white with some black. But only in the distance, so when I come closer the strange textures disappear.

Has anybody this problem too?

Use Windows Vista 32bit, Core 2 Duo @ 2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 8700m GT card.

Hey.. had the same problems with BF 2. I just changed some things in my control panel and then it worked again . Now am i usng driver v 167.26. And i maneged to clock it also. But i think i will try these drivers also.. Its just a f****ng jungle out there with all these drivers.

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Hi guys,

I can't install the driver, I've got the error: Your system isn't running under Vista 32 Bit. Is there any solution for this problem?

System:

Vista 32 Bit

Intel Core Duo E6600

Nvidia 8600M GT

Doenst Allow to Overclock my 8400G :)

Edit: Yes, now OC is working :)

Edited by FiShBuRn

Increases my crysis performance just a little.

I can overclock/underclock with Powerstrip. But I can't switch to 2D Settings.

Great driver, there are improves in frame rate in cod4, Unreal 3 demo and hardware monitoring via rivatuner works :)

3dmark jump to more than 35xx from 3300. (with 163.69)

Edited by Pk77

Wow! The Crysis demo is working abnormally bad for me on these drivers (note that I haven't tried Crysis with any others yet).

The water effects look so great when staying still that I almost feel like getting inside and refresh myself, but as soon as I move, the water effects get messed up, no matter what quality levels I use on every setting.

And even on really low settings and resolutions, the game runs awfully slow at times.

For a game that is supposed to work as well on old computers, I'm not finding the game quite playable on my 8600M GS...

But I guess this is just a matter of testing a little bit more.

Guest XPS1730 - SLI

Hi all, new to the forum and thought I would ask if anyone has tried this on an SLI'd Laptop (the 169.01 Driver that is).

Just got a new Dell 1730 with the 8700M GT in SLI didn't want to destroy it immediately by installing incorrect drivers?

Cheers for any replies

Paul

The powermizer is f***** up, i cant run 3dmark with it...nor can i overclock because i cant scan for artifacts, because when i push the *scan for artifact* button ive get massive screen corpution...and then i have too restart my laptop...

Havent seen any performance gain in bf2, css , or cod 4...so ill stick with the 167.26 they give me performance boost :)

Anyone with an Acer Aspire 5920G T7300, 2.0 GB RAM and 8600m GT 256MB/1gb HT who's downloaded the drivers and gotten them working yet?

yeah they work fine here :)