LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.01 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis SP Demo

mobilenvidia

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Okay these are basically the best drivers I ever used on my XPS 1710 with 7950GTX graphics card. Just to note, I did not need to flash my bios. I've followed the guide from Tweakguides

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html

Before I did that I was getting some small amount of distortion on my desktop but after installing nTune and RivaTuna and setting them up the problems have vanished. Also Oblivion works as quick as I've ever had it!

Thanks so much for getting these drivers to us, they are really really great. I'm very happy now thanks.

Plus should I need to overclock later on I can do so with both my processor and graphics card, I'll be able to play most games for some while now I expect. At least until directx 10 only games start to appear, but that will be some way off I think.

Thanks again guys!

Paul

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScaryMovies

• pulverputte

• val580

• hiro

Guest StrangeBiscuit

I'm running on a Satellite X205-S9359 (8700m GT, 2.0ghz Duo, 2gb ram).

These driver's seemed to make little difference for me...

Is it me or does it seem kinda crazy that my machine struggles to run Crysis at slightly above medium quality? I ran the UT3 demo with settings pretty much maxed at much higher resolution with no trouble. Bioshock was no problem when it came out like 2-3 months ago. Seems like to keep up with the computer gaming market now you need to upgrade to top of the line like every 6 months.

Or did I just hit bad luck by not knowing that if I had waited to buy for 2 months there'd be SLI models at the same price?

Downloaded the International English version of this off of nzone and replaced the inf file with the modded one on here. Installed perfectly and fixed the TF2 door flickering problem Although my 3DMark06 dropped by a hundred points from the 167.26 drivers, it is still a hundred points higher than when I was using 163.75. Great drivers, I am going to stick with these with my GF 8600M GT.

hi, did anyone tried these drivers on counter strike 1.6, cause now I get lag when I updated from 163.75

Edited by atomix17

Yea, I had to download it twice to get it correct

(First time was only ~24mb, second time worked fine)

Now to test them out compared to 163.75

D.

Hmmm I just found this post on Guru3D forums (never heard of them, I was just searching for the 8600m GT's factory clocks). Sound awesome if legit...

"Hey everyone.

I was tired of only a mediocre performance of 8600M GT, so I tried to see what can be done to fix it. Thanks to Unwinders great creation I had something to work with -

First, nothing but original drivers (101.xx) are able to overclock - it bums, but not really - you really don't want to fry a mobile chip (and as you will see it isn't necessary). The best scores I was able to get with a modded 163.71 were as follows:

PCMark 05 - 4100

3DMark 05 - 6974

3DMark 06 - 3599

But then I tried to use RT's RVStrap Drivers and set my device id to 8600 GTS

wow! first of all, you can load any (not mobile) drivers on your mobile chip! (no need to hack .inf file and driver is signed)

Here are the tests I got when I loaded 8600 GTS drivers on my 8600M GT card (I did run 3DMark o5 and 06 3 times):

PCMark 05 - 5217

3DMark 03 - 12904

3DMark 05 - 8264 / 8190 / 8317

3DMark 06 - 3904 / 3854 / 3911

I think that it is a tremendous improvement. I also discovered that you can OC 158.xx drivers, but I really didn't see much of an improvement (less then 5% and in some cases even slower - no reason to overcook the gpu and mem)

I also tried new 163.74 drivers from x t r e m e - g, but results were not as good as when using 163.71. I did play bioshock and I've seen the difference. I can now play 1280X756 (wide-screen) at max quality settings and the game is smooth

cheers"

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2461292

Edited by ScaryMovies

These drivers have been just great for me. I recieved an increase of 400 points in 3dmark06 from 163.75. However, since going to these BF2 and BF 2142 crash to desktop when starting with an error message saying they have stopped responding. They both work again when I roll back to 163.75. This drivers works so great with everything else, so does anyone have an idea for a work around? Can anyone else confirm this problem?

BioShock refuses to play in DX9 mode, but that doesn't matter when you get 20 something FPS in DX10 mode with high shaders disabled. Also, I overclocked very well with ATI Tool 0.27b. Also, the frame skip bugs in GRAW 2 are finally eradicated, and Call of Duty 4 never looked better! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Experienced errors when restarting OS.

Edited by Ex Bond

Ok, been testing these and they work fine on my rig (E1705 with 2500M vid card, vista32)

Powermizer works fine (i uncommented the bandwidth setting as I have my vid card bios flashed to appropriate memory speeds at 2D)

This set works fine in portal with a slight increase over the 163.75's

Haven't had a chance to play any other games yet, but so far I like these drivers just fine

D.

Hey people did you try Crysis demo on 8600MGT ??

169.01 is pretty good , 3420 3DMarks06 , great improvement on MohA but Crysis is laggy ! I tried 1280x800 at Medium , only 15 FPS...When Oc ( RIVATUNER 2.06 WORKS WITH IT) at 600/500 ( stock 475/400) I get around 25 FPS , still not playable. Anyone tested it out ?

:)

Anyone with an Acer Aspire 5920G T7300, 2.0 GB RAM and 8600m GT 256MB/1gb HT who's downloaded the drivers and gotten them working yet?
yepp i got them to work.. and the overcklocking also works.. without overclock 3430 in 3D mark 06.. and with overclocking 4293 in 3D mark 06 :P . quite good driver and sleepmode works but a little to unstable in games for me... :)

i was talking about Crysis...I'm sure I won't buy this game ! Only playable at 1024 and low setings , not very beautifull

I uninstalled my previous drivers by going to "programs and features" in winvista. I also used driver cleaner, and used regcleaner software for post uninstall cleanup.

I installed these drivers and I get a huge delay when I bootup windows. There's a blank screen for a minute (after the load bar right before the windows vista logo), which seems like windows isn't doing anything. then finally windows loads up.

Anyone know a fix for this?

This usually happens when I install video drivers from here.

Edited by huyler

Hey people did you try Crysis demo on 8600MGT ??

169.01 is pretty good , 3420 3DMarks06 , great improvement on MohA but Crysis is laggy ! I tried 1280x800 at Medium , only 15 FPS...When Oc ( RIVATUNER 2.06 WORKS WITH IT) at 600/500 ( stock 475/400) I get around 25 FPS , still not playable. Anyone tested it out ?

I played the Crysis demo, and get 30- high 30's low 40's fps average. I have textures and audio set to high, shadows and shader options set to low and the rest on medium. I'm running it at a low res though, 1024x640 or something. I'm playing in windowed mode to compensate for the low res, which works great.

crysis2007102821415433uc0.png

crysis2007102823140209bm2.png

Edited by ScaryMovies

thx for posting ! Are u using 169.01 ? I 'm going to try another driver for this game.I'm a bit disapointed with my performance , I need at least 30 FPS to play.

thx for posting ! Are u using 169.01 ? I 'm going to try another driver for this game.I'm a bit disapointed with my performance , I need at least 30 FPS to play.

No problem :) Yeah I'm using the 169.01. How's it performing on your laptop?