LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.01 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis SP Demo

mobilenvidia

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

:) yepp i got them to work.. and the overcklocking also works.. without overclock 3430 in 3D mark 06.. and with overclocking 4293 in 3D mark 06 :rofl: . quite good driver and sleepmode works but a little to unstable in games for me... :)

Thanks man, I'm such a pussie lawl.. I don't DL the drivers until someone with the same PC as me has dl'd them and they're working :P

Yeah I tried OCing with the Bioshock drivers, but it didn't work... tried again with these, using aittool 0.27 (beta 2) and it worked perfectly... it's the first time I've ever OC'd so ya :P ... What are your clock speeds? Currently mine are:

2D

560 Core 480 Mem

3D low power

561 Core 481 Mem

3D perf

600 core 500 Mem

Any suggestions for changes? My 3D perf clocks were 562 core 482 mem (Crysis screens above were taken wile I used those clocks).. but I saw Val580 with the same pc using 600/500 so I thought I'd try it. Should I increase my other clocks too?

Edited by ScaryMovies

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScaryMovies

• pulverputte

• val580

• hiro

Driver is really fast. But again, powermizer is not available :)

Any suggestions how to get it work?

wow.... Only one game, Bioshock is FU$%ed up by these drivers!!! Closing the game starts vista's media center!! Windowed mode would only go away when "run as administer" was checked in the games properties. Anyone have a reason why these drivers would cause vista's media center to start automaticaly after exiting Bioshock??

Driver is really fast. But again, powermizer is not available :)

Any suggestions how to get it work?

PowerMizer is always running in Vista, download nTune and launch the NVMonitor and you can watch it clock down as the GPU is not being used. I don't know how Windows power management effects this so I don't know how the PowerMizer works under Vista in performance mode, but give it a try.

Random BSODs on a Toshiba X200 (Vista32/8700GT)

Other then that, improved performance on all games tested so far

:)

Thank u ! great driver ! i gain more 400 points on 3DMARK 06 ^^

I downloaded the driver and the modded inf, but when I install the driver it says no changes have been made to my system...any thoughts? (I've tried uninstalling the stock driver and restarting).

Heres my 3dmark 06 results:

169.01.jpg

Edit:

Also had the dual screen issue.

Edited by reinholt

Hi everybody,

i'm havin problems with this drivers on an Asus G2S (T7500, 8600M GT 256)

in the crysis sp demo trees have some sort of white background, as you go closer to them, it disappears.

anyone having similar problems or any ideas?

as soon as i'm back at home i will provide some screenshots.

greetings

BeTa

This driver doesn't seems to have any effect on my crysis demo, i got a 8600m GT (ddr2).

Still, is the best driver i ever had that it boost up the performance of all my other games :) . Do anyone try on 8400m GS? I want to recommend to my friends.

Guest Bournie
Hi everybody,

i'm havin problems with this drivers on an Asus G2S (T7500, 8600M GT 256)

in the crysis sp demo trees have some sort of white background, as you go closer to them, it disappears.

anyone having similar problems or any ideas?

as soon as i'm back at home i will provide some screenshots.

greetings

BeTa

I also had this problem. So I uninstalled nTune and this driver - then restarted and reinstalled it. After this, the white trees in the distance are gone.

can some people post some OC settings for me, i have never done it before. I have the 8600 GT in a vostro with 2 gig of RAM and 2ghz core 2 duo.

i dont have a cooling pad so i dont want settings that are going to cause too much heat for my system. also what program should i use rivatuner?

There's no doubt about it for me. These are THE BEST DRIVERS up to date on my laptop.

Mobility functions work good, the drivers are stable for me and EVERY SINGLE GAME I HAVE TESTED works FASTER AND SMOOTHER.

I have never overclocked my card (and I don't plan to as I don't have a clue on how to do it and I don't want to risk it) but so far these drivers are an absolute plus for me:

Spiderman 3 works completely smooth at high resolutions with effects on medium (mind you, this game has EXTREMELY HIGH requirements, but is more due to the bad port than to the graphics themselves).

Oblivion works like a charm, most settings being on the highest at 1024 x 768.

Collin McRae Dirt works smooth at 1024 x 768 with most settings on medium and some on high.

Impressive performance on Lost Planet DX10 demo, it no longer gives me the "system does not meet the requirements" during gameplay when playing at 1024 x 768 and most settings on high.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance works smoother than ever at 1280 x 800, but I still can't turn on advanced lightning even on very low resolutions...

Bioshock runs without a halt at 1024 x 768 with settings on High and using DirectX 10.

I don't have 3DMark so I can't give any scores to you, sorry.

However, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones still doesn't work for me. It sometimes runs faster than it should, but most of the time it is so slow it is completely unplayable. I really wish somebody tested that game as well on Vista with an 8xxx card to check if I am the only one having this weird problem (this is the second laptop that does this to me!).

And I'm also downloading Crysis demo, which I will soon try as soon as it has downloaded and installed (that might take some time, my internet connection isn't exactly fast).

Oh well, if drivers keep coming like this one then NVidia will have once again some of my lost hope on them.

I definitely recommend this drivers!

I have the same laptop as you, yet do you bother with blu-ray movies? Using my factory default drivers - 101.28 ,Blu-Ray's work fine under Windvd and Power Dvd 7.3. However, using the latest drivers and beta ones from this site. All Blu-rays dont work. I havent found a suitable driver that works.

can some people post some OC settings for me, i have never done it before. I have the 8600 GT in a vostro with 2 gig of RAM and 2ghz core 2 duo.

i dont have a cooling pad so i dont want settings that are going to cause too much heat for my system. also what program should i use rivatuner?

My clock speeds are:

Default clock speeds:

2D - Core: 169 Memory: 100, 3D low power - Core: 275 Memory: 200, 3D Perf. Core: 475 Memory: 400

OC speeds

2D - Core: 560 Memory: 480, 3D low power - Core: 561 Memory: 481, 3D Perf. Core: 600 Memory: 500

I used ATITool 0.27 Beta 2

The GPU get's pretty hot though, so I should probably invest in a cooling pad..they're cheap aren't they? lol

This is the first time I have OC'd my card so I'm a noob myself. Anyone more experienced with OCing here, who has the same PC/Specs who wanna share their OC'd settings?

Also how can I OC my CPU speeds and is there a way to increase the fan speed (if that helps cooling the GPU)?

Edited by ScaryMovies

I'm using a inspiron 1520 with 8600M GT 256MB GDDR2,everything bout this driver worked for me,I hadn't dled ntune so i didnt check if the powermizer is working,but then when I ran 3dMark06 and Crysis there was improvements in frame rate,the only thing is that,when I try to update my windows vista index score,my gaming and aero scores drop significantly from 4.6/5.1+ to 2.1/4.1 ..anyone know how come?isit the powermizer?although 3dmark06 and other 3d apps run fined.

My clock speeds are:

Default clock speeds:

2D - Core: 169 Memory: 100, 3D low power - Core: 275 Memory: 200, 3D Perf. Core: 475 Memory: 400

OC speeds

2D - Core: 560 Memory: 480, 3D low power - Core: 561 Memory: 481, 3D Perf. Core: 600 Memory: 500

I used ATITool 0.27 Beta 2

The GPU get's pretty hot though, so I should probably invest in a cooling pad..they're cheap aren't they? lol

This is the first time I have OC'd my card so I'm a noob myself. Anyone more experienced with OCing here, who has the same PC/Specs who wanna share their OC'd settings?

Also how can I OC my CPU speeds and is there a way to increase the fan speed (if that helps cooling the GPU)?

thats quite a jump you have made in all the specs, is that as high as it will go, and is it wise to push it so far lol.

how much of an improvement does that give you, and is it stable?

Guest Guest-ben

i downloaded atitool but when i try to scan for my card and test it it says ' visual testing as been disabled. to fix this enable the monitor output of card.' i have tried looking through the display options and nvidia control panel but i cant find it anywhere. can anyone help?

Overclocking causes Crysis to randomly crash or hang. If I don't overclock things appear to work fine. Increased framerates for Bioshock.

The Cry Engine has always been particularly sensitive to overclocks. I remember with FarCry, the screen used to randomly go black if I overclocked too much.

The drivers themselves aren't perfect though, it would seem that there is a lot of 'dirty' optimization going on because a lot of people have been reporting that the 'Display driver has recovered from an error' problem is back. So far it has only happened once to me, but I'm hoping Nvidia can release a nice clean driver in-time for the final release...

The Sandbox editor is teh pwnz :)