LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.01 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis SP Demo

mobilenvidia

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I also had this problem. So I uninstalled nTune and this driver - then restarted and reinstalled it. After this, the white trees in the distance are gone.

That did it! Thanks alot, saved my day ;-)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScaryMovies

• pulverputte

• val580

• hiro

Thanks man, I'm such a pussie lawl.. I don't DL the drivers until someone with the same PC as me has dl'd them and they're working :)

Yeah I tried OCing with the Bioshock drivers, but it didn't work... tried again with these, using aittool 0.27 (beta 2) and it worked perfectly... it's the first time I've ever OC'd so ya :P ... What are your clock speeds? Currently mine are:

2D

560 Core 480 Mem

3D low power

561 Core 481 Mem

3D perf

600 core 500 Mem

Any suggestions for changes? My 3D perf clocks were 562 core 482 mem (Crysis screens above were taken wile I used those clocks).. but I saw Val580 with the same pc using 600/500 so I thought I'd try it. Should I increase my other clocks too?

Hello again.. Do you think the overcklocking will be better with ati tool because im using riva tuner.. my result aint as good as yours.. Are they stable.. :)

thats quite a jump you have made in all the specs, is that as high as it will go, and is it wise to push it so far lol.

how much of an improvement does that give you, and is it stable?

We'll I got at least 10 FPS increase in Crysis and a lot fewer drops in FPS, I can also play at a higher res now and still keep the framerate average around 30, which I couldn't before. Yeah it's stable, nothing has crashed on me.. I just finished playing a session of Crysis and my temp is at 76 degrees, which is hot..but not a whole lot different from the original clock temperature after playing. I guess the temp would be higher if I played for longer.

I don't really know if that is as high as it would go, but when my clock speeds reached almost 700 the computer froze. ATITool told me that the last safe clock speed (or "working clock speed" I don't quite remember), was 680 something, so I lowered it by around 70-80 points. When it came to memory I didn't want my comp to freeze up again so I just waited until the temp got around 85-87 degrees while it was finding "max mem" and lowered it a bit (don't remember how high it came).

But so far so good.. lol

Edited by ScaryMovies

Hello again.. Do you think the overcklocking will be better with ati tool because im using riva tuner.. my result aint as good as yours.. Are they stable.. :)

I have no idea, this is the first time I have overclocked anything and ATITool was reccomended to me by a forumite on a gaming forum because it was easy to understand and use. Yeah my settings are stable (for me at least)... se the above post :)

I got these to work with my INF and hardware but I found out I can't add any tweaks to the SoftwareDeviceSettings section of my INF without breaking things. This includes the PowerMizer stuff so to all the people using my INF, I apologize for the problems that may come up but the INF is so picky and the hardware so variated I can't say what will break what or what will help what.

Thoroughly tested these drivers out with default clocks and overclocking on the 8600M GT with 256 MB GDDR3. Improved performance vastly in all games, especially CS:S Source and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and WoW.

Using the 1024x768 Resolution and Filtering set to Optimal in 3D Mark 06

I have had three scores 4102 with default settings on the clocks.

I set the Core/Shader/Memory to the following 570/1140/780(x2) got a score of 5323.

Final setting I have for overclocking and stable 600/1200/803 MHz and I got scores of 5562 and 5703.

Hope this helps with others... currently have the Number#1 Rank for a Core 2 Duo T7300 and a 8600M GT on the 169.01 Drivers

Hi, does this driver fix TDR issues?

I have them anywhere between minutes and several hours while gaming.

Tried replacing GFX and tested ram for errors.

A new computer, came with vista.

8600M GT

Anyway, does this fix the TDR issues? Maybe used together with vista SP1 it does?

Thoroughly tested these drivers out with default clocks and overclocking on the 8600M GT with 256 MB GDDR3. Improved performance vastly in all games, especially CS:S Source and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and WoW.

Using the 1024x768 Resolution and Filtering set to Optimal in 3D Mark 06

I have had three scores 4102 with default settings on the clocks.

I set the Core/Shader/Memory to the following 570/1140/780(x2) got a score of 5323.

Final setting I have for overclocking and stable 600/1200/803 MHz and I got scores of 5562 and 5703.

Hope this helps with others... currently have the Number#1 Rank for a Core 2 Duo T7300 and a 8600M GT on the 169.01 Drivers

What did you use to OC?

well originaly with the 15.6mb download i was getting incredible 3dmark06 score. Now, the 15.6mb download has been replaced with a 37mb and 84mb version of the same 169.01 driver.. So now i'm confused, as why the same driver is a differant size depending where you get it off of the site.... From the news page, or under 160 drivers in the forum. Definantly not as fast as the first 169.01 release was.

Sorry...i would like to confirm something.

I CAN use these drivers even if i don't want to play the Crysis demo, am i right? I tried looking through the FAQs but didn't find anything related to the

"Crysis SP Demo" appendage. Same goes for the "Timeshift and Crysis Demo" appendage.

after i press the OK button in Rivatuner my clock settings reset to default. even if i press the "Apply overclocking on windows startup" button and reboot.

am i doing something wrong here?

anyone know what site sales nvidia mxm cards?

• 2 weeks later...
:)

Thank u ! great driver ! i gain more 400 points on 3DMARK 06 ^^

:)

Hey man, can u tell me ur 3Dmark06 score with these drivers (not overclocked).

-

Some people say this driver works better others say otherwise.

ive got 3800 marks on 3dmark06 with driver 165.01 - if theres no boost with the newer drivers i wont bother.

hey all

i installed these drivers after trying all drivers to date... and am finding these by far the best!!!

using Ntune to OC also its running 580/720 on my 8600M GT on my Macbook Pro... and at 73'c MAX under full load!! :o

going to see what i can push it too.. :) 475/670 standard is rubbish.. what apple playing at!!

• 4 weeks later...

guys sorry to post as guest but did any of u face the same problem i got using this driver ??

the problem is that my windows experience index mark dropped from 5.3 for gaming graphics to 4.1

and from 5 for graphics to 3 !!

my laptop is an Acer 5920g with a 8600 gt ddr2 ...

but the strange thing is that my 3dmark06 mark jumped from 3250 to 3448 !!

thats sooo weird IMO

• 3 months later...

I have the 169.01 driver on my Dell XPS M1330, NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GS. From the performance its just perfect. But I have a problem which is blocking me always from doing anything on my laptop.

as soon as I play any media file or start to play a game, sometimes even if I'm just exploring my computer, the computer get lagged. The mouse crouser can not be moved. Even if I press Ctrl+Shift+Del nothin happend. The only thing I can do is to press the shutdown button which is really dangerous and forced me once to reinstall my Windows Vista. Well this probelm appears random but I really have to face it every single time i turn my laptop on. It happend once that I got out of this lag, was lucky and after that I saw a msg telling me that the problem was from this file NVlddmkm. I#m pretty sure that the reason is because of this file.

How can I solve this problem? I really need that driver cos without it I can play almost no games.

It would be really nice if some one know a solution for it. Thanks

Edited by Sam_00k