LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Bioshock driver needed

Tr0x

Gah! I'm so frustrated!!!!

I just bought Bioshock today and after 2 hours of being on the phone with tech support and messing around with settings, I'm had to decrease it to directx 9 levels of performance AND all of the settings reduced. but get this: I'm running a Dell 1520 with a geforce 8600M GT card!

How is this possible?! Well I have no clue other than the fact that I'm using a freakin 5 billion year old driver from dell (okay...its probably at most a few months old and its the 101.43 driver)

anyway, I need a definitive answer as to what driver to download and use from here. I've tried out both the 158.45 and the 163.44 but both only seem to make bioshock crash even more often and screw up the screensize if i try to increase the resolution.

I need some help here people...what can I do to fix this?

Guest Semeonor

I have a dell 1520 of almost the exact same specs ( 8600mgt, 2.0 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram) and i found it really lame when i got my laptop in august to find out there arent' any updated drivers for it. This basic driver sucks arse but i've been to the site and wasn't able to play bioshock until i got a desktop driver from here (bioshock doesn't recognize that lame arse driver built in from dell and repeatdly crashes) since then i've been using driver 163.44 and i've been able to play bioshock and all the other games i play are 10 times more stable than they was with that crap driver (halo 1 and 2, enter the matrix path of neo, bioshock, counter strike, resident evil 4, FEAR) So actually i've seen the 163.44 driver works best but i'm about to move on to the new driver for the crysis demo cause i've heard of some increased performance there so maybe you should try that one too.

I used the 163.xx drivers initially, but I moved up to the 167.xx They work best out of anything IMO.

Guest Nlight19

Hey i want to know, for my case, i can't even install those goddam drivers because when i try to install, i have a message telling me that "Nvidia setup Could not locate any drivesr that are compative with your current hardware, set up will now exit".

Anybody can help???

Thx!!

Hey i want to know, for my case, i can't even install those goddam drivers because when i try to install, i have a message telling me that "Nvidia setup Could not locate any drivesr that are compative with your current hardware, set up will now exit".

Anybody can help???

Thx!!

for vista: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

for XP: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

:)