LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blank Screen afte Sleep or Hibernate

natural_orange

I just upgraded my driver on my HP Pavilion DV9543Cl, in the hopes of being able to actually play BioShock without it crashing Constantly.

Ever since I upgraded the Drivers, whenever I wake the computer from sleep mode or hibernate, the laptop screen remains off even though the computer has returned to the on state. I know this because I have second display attached and I can log with no problem.

Does anyone know a fix or hack for this. I tried changing the resolution of the other display and changing display modes (DualView --> Single --> DualView) with no avail.

Right now im going to roll-back the drivers to the Original one from HP that is a couple months old. Im guessing this is due to the fact that the nVidia Desktop drivers don't include the Mobile Features for dealing with Lid Open/Close and Suspend mode.

I think I will also contact the HP Tech Support to see if I can get them to upgrade the drivers more regularly.

The GPU is a 8600M GS with 256mb Ram. I'm Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I have 2gb of Ram and Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz (T7300)

I'm new here so please tell me if there is anything else you need to know....