LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GS and Vista x32

gimbly1

I really need to change my drivers cause the ones that came from HP are really bad and slow.Unfortunately every time i uninstall my drivers after reboot Vista installs some backup drivers by itself and i can't change them.Besides that when i try to run ANY(and i mean any) of the drivers on that site i get a massage "The system could not find any hardware matching these drivers" or something like that:(I use the moded INF but still i can not install them.Please help me people cause i want to play some games at last... :)

I really need to change my drivers cause the ones that came from HP are really bad and slow.Unfortunately every time i uninstall my drivers after reboot Vista installs some backup drivers by itself and i can't change them.Besides that when i try to run ANY(and i mean any) of the drivers on that site i get a massage "The system could not find any hardware matching these drivers" or something like that:(I use the moded INF but still i can not install them.Please help me people cause i want to play some games at last... :)

I have also a nvidia geforce 8600m gs and i had windows vista 32 bit everything was ok but then i decided to change to windows xp because its faster and now everything is much better... if i were you i would also change to windows xp there are mcuh more games supported with windows vista i couldnt play cod or trackmania nations without a lot of patches and lans are also a problem because erverybody with xp has to install a patch to see you in the network... when i had windows vista i used one of the drivers from this side and there were no problems... maybe your card is a special card from hp which doesnt support the normal nvidia drivers...

i hope i could help you.. and sry for the bad english i am from germany. gigges

I also have 8600M GS under Vista 32 bit.

There's the known issue that Vista dumped the ability of open full screen window for command prompt shell.

See e.g. http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/06/27/w...-windows-vista/

Dos anyone know whether the modified inf drivers can restore this ability or is it not worth trying ?

TIA