LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Crysis and the 8600M GT

Guest Niklas

Hi!

I tried out the Crysis Demo with my ASUS G1s (C2D 2,2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB Geforce 8600m GT)!

I only get 15 Frames with all settings set to low and a resolution of 800*600! :-(

Horrible!

I already ordered the game before trying the demo....did you experience similar problems?

What about the new beta drivers?

You have some sort of problem, at 1280x800 with all set to low my fps range is about 60 to 45, with a 8600m gt ddr2 (not 3 like you) and driver 169.01.

My best playng set is shadow to low, shaders to medium, water to low, all the rest to high, at 1280 it's good, at 1024 it' s fantastic (frame rate stable to 30 fps or more in case of 1024, 22-25 in case of 1280).

I hope that the retail game increse the code and the performance too, and also with new driver the frame rates maybe will be better.

Really?

I do not even get the opportunity to choose the resolution 1280*800, the only one I can choose is 1280*1960 (???).

I'm gonna update the driver now....by the way, which OS do u use?

I use Vista 32-bit...

No way you get 45 - 60 FPS at 1280x800. I have the 169.01 drivers, overclocked to 560/500, all settings low and get at the very most 25 - 30. And I have DDR3...

I have an 8600m GS 256 Mb and I'm having the same problem as the first poster.

At 800x600 the game runs awfully slow most of the time even on the lowest settings.

I'm using drivers 169.01. Just how did you get the game to perform well at 1280x800?

Even on a 8600M GS instead of a GT there shouldn't be that much of a difference. If you can play it well at 1280x800 I should be able to play it at least at 1024x768, don't you think so?

Is there anything you would recommend I do to increase performance without having to overclock?

Haha i cannot even play PES 6 with 8600m gt.. my ex desktop with a nvidia of Jesus Christ period was running the games better:( i dont know what to do or what to say.Even nvidia support dont know what to do

The only thing i can think of (besides you just have a bad pc :-) is that you have some bad drivers installed, you should check if theres any updates to all of your pc's components, you can do this at www.driveragent.com, (i believe this site links to it too somewhere), it costs a small yearly fee but allows you to scan your hardware and then suggests better drivers to install...

It has already helped me over 20 times, - bad drivers can really mess up your pc - believe me...

Though i dont know my fps, I can tell you that i run Crysis on 1280x1024 with everything set to high, except PostProcessing which is set to medium, and it runs great...

Edited by kdk

I haven't overclocked my card, Dell 1520 has the ddr2 version, the only notebook that has the ddr3 version is the asus g2.

When i start to test the game i set it to 1024x640 with all low, in the forest the frame rate it's stable to 45 fps, in the beach i get 55-60 fps.

I never experience 15 fps at 800x600 with all low, later i post some sreen with frame rate and my actual visual quality.

I set the game to running in dx9 mode else than dx10, maybe this will help you a lot.

The only thing i can think of (besides you just have a bad pc :-) is that you have some bad drivers installed, you should check if theres any updates to all of your pc's components, you can do this at www.driveragent.com, (i believe this site links to it too somewhere), it costs a small yearly fee but allows you to scan your hardware and then suggests better drivers to install...

It has already helped me over 20 times, - bad drivers can really mess up your pc - believe me...

Though i dont know my fps, I can tell you that i run Crysis on 1280x1024 with everything set to high, except PostProcessing which is set to medium, and it runs great...

If you have this notebook(C2D2ghz, 2gb ram and 8600GT)... i don't believe you play in 1280x1024 with everything set to high..

My G1S, with 169.04, with same config, except CPU(2.2ghz) don't run great in 1024x768...for me..great always > 30FPS ..

Drivers can make Smooth.. but.. for you play in this config.. you need a 8800GTS..

i Think.. or your have another laptop... or for you... great = 5fps..

Cya..

If you have this notebook(C2D2ghz, 2gb ram and 8600GT)... i don't believe you play in 1280x1024 with everything set to high..

My G1S, with 169.04, with same config, except CPU(2.2ghz) don't run great in 1024x768...for me..great always > 30FPS ..

Drivers can make Smooth.. but.. for you play in this config.. you need a 8800GTS..

i Think.. or your have another laptop... or for you... great = 5fps..

Cya..

As mentioned earlier i dont know my fps, dont know how to (or where) to 'find it'...

You can read my pc specs just below my nickname...

I am telling the truth, though after installing the new 169.something - the newest driver - my performance really hit a low, right now it runs crappy on Medium settings, but i assure you that on 163.something it looked amazing and ran pretty well too...

But if it will make you happy ill upload my FPS count and graphic settings - as soon as i figure out how to view the fps count...

As mentioned earlier i dont know my fps, dont know how to (or where) to 'find it'...

You can read my pc specs just below my nickname...

I am telling the truth, though after installing the new 169.something - the newest driver - my performance really hit a low, right now it runs crappy on Medium settings, but i assure you that on 163.something it looked amazing and ran pretty well too...

But if it will make you happy ill upload my FPS count and graphic settings - as soon as i figure out how to view the fps count...

To see FPS -> Go To Console -> r_Displayinfo 1

In my laptop, using 163.75(169.04 Powermize don't work.. i remove from my laptop and rollback to 163.75)...

When the your boss in game, call you to use Binoculars .. in top off hill.. with all configs set to medium.. 20fps AVG..(1024x764)..

I try all options in LOW - 800x600... FPS runs smooth betwenn 30 and 50.. in same scene...

Another try.. i change DX10 to DX9.... Same FPS...

Tchau... :)

Is there another way to access the console than pressing the ~ button, since nothing happens on mine when i do?

I have low fps issues as well on my asus g1s. Resolution 1024x640, every detail on low and running crysis with dx9. And my fps is only 30-50. I have been reading posts on other forums and some people have same problem as I have and some people are saying that asus g1s runs crysis nice everything set up as medium. And I just tried the latest drivers (169.04). (I have always used driver sweeper and driver cleaner after uninstalling a driver). Got vista 32bit btw

Here is proof:

http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c...22073640qd0.png

PS: I have same problem with moha and bioshock. I know that bioshock should run smoothly everything set up to high @ 1024x640 or higher. But my fps is only like 5-10. Same thing in mohaa, fps is same with low and high.

I have low fps issues as well on my asus g1s. Resolution 1024x640, every detail on low and running crysis with dx9. And my fps is only 30-50. I have been reading posts on other forums and some people have same problem as I have and some people are saying that asus g1s runs crysis nice everything set up as medium. And I just tried the latest drivers (169.04). (I have always used driver sweeper and driver cleaner after uninstalling a driver). Got vista 32bit btw

Here is proof:

http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c...22073640qd0.png

PS: I have same problem with moha and bioshock. I know that bioshock should run smoothly everything set up to high @ 1024x640 or higher. But my fps is only like 5-10. Same thing in mohaa, fps is same with low and high.

Belga.. I think my fps is a same...

Try your Powermizer.. when i install a 169.04 Driver, my GPU only works in LOW 3d performance.

I will take Screenshots from my FPS.. and i will post later..

Tchau..

:)

and where do I find this program called "powermizer". Should it come with 169.04? or do I have to download it? or is powermizer same as power4gear extreme?

Edited by Belga

Hmm weird, i have an "Asus F3sv-X1" which has an under-clocked "Geforce 8600m GS 256 DDR2" at 500/400 stock clocks and i run Crysis on medium with some settings on high and i get aproxx 20fps lol.. explain that?

I have 3gb Ram DDR2, Intel core 2 duo 2.20 i believe, geforce 8600m gs 256 (doing just 500/400 instead of nvidia specs, 600/700).

I tried crysis with latest drivers posted here and also i think i used to play with the original Asus drivers.

Anyways, i can play it at pretty good settings , i can't talk screenshots of ingame nor does Fraps work (i take it its because of directx 10) but I'm positive I'm getting approx 20fps because it never slows down i play nice and smooth...

for my eyes, steady 20fps isnt smooth at all, its horrible when it comes to fps games. In games like wow 20fps isnt that bad but in crysis... no way mate.

Hi!

I tried out the Crysis Demo with my ASUS G1s (C2D 2,2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB Geforce 8600m GT)!

I only get 15 Frames with all settings set to low and a resolution of 800*600! :-(

Horrible!

I already ordered the game before trying the demo....did you experience similar problems?

What about the new beta drivers?

I get playable speeds at 1280x800 on my machine (SLI 8700GT's) using 169.04.

Turn off SLI and I get playable speeds (but not smooth) at 1024x768.

I don't know the precise architecture differences between the 8600 and 8700, but I wonder that you may not be on the latest (or perhaps most suitable, if not the latest) drivers?

I would expect you to see over 20fps with lowered detail settings at 800x600. What have you got running in the background?

for my eyes, steady 20fps isnt smooth at all, its horrible when it comes to fps games. In games like wow 20fps isnt that bad but in crysis... no way mate.

Your right Belga, but i was able to play perfectly. Do you know what program i can use to take screenshots, for some reason i get "black" screen when i try to take one directly by pressing the "Prt Sc" key on my keyboard.

I've also tried Fraps and no luck... Any ideas?

I have to be getting good fps because it doesnt lab, i run and shoot with good accuracy without slowdowns or lockups.

weird, i know because my score on 3dmark is 2300 LOL i have an Asus F3Sv-X1.

I used fraps :/. Binded f1 to take screenshot and used it in the game. Worked fine but for some reason it kept taking pictures like every 1min =S

15 frames...that's really low.

Get the newest 169.01 driver. Should increase the FPS.

Where is this driver found? I've looked at the the main laptopvideo2go page and the Driver Page and don't see it listed. I tried to install the 163.67 Vista driver, which is listed as the latest 32 bit drivers, but when it got to a point to pick my card (the 8600M GT), that card was not listed.

I assume your specific card must be listed during the Windows Driver update when it is time to pick your card? When I used the 163.67 update, I saw 8600 GS and GX but not GT. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Huntn

I get playable speeds at 1280x800 on my machine (SLI 8700GT's) using 169.04.

Turn off SLI and I get playable speeds (but not smooth) at 1024x768.

I don't know the precise architecture differences between the 8600 and 8700, but I wonder that you may not be on the latest (or perhaps most suitable, if not the latest) drivers?

I would expect you to see over 20fps with lowered detail settings at 800x600. What have you got running in the background?

Ive had no problems at all on my Inspiron 1520.

2Ghz Duo Processor

2Gb ram

8600m GT

Runs perfectly on 12800 x 800.

Tried and tested using nearly every driver and all are fine