LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Crysis and the 8600M GT

Guest Niklas

I cant use 169.0x driver because of 64 bit vista ultimate, (when i install it everytime, game crashs)

I already use 163.44 driver, but i try 165.01 (not better then 163.44) on 1024*680 everything medium set, i get 15 fps (average) when i set everything low it raise 50-60 fps.

1024*680 - everything medium: 15 fps

1024*680 - everything medium but shaders low and physx very high: 20-25 fps

1024*680 - everything high : 8-9 fps

1024*680 - everything high but object detail low, shaders low: 17-19 fps

All test with 163.44 driver

Compal FL90 case

4Gb ram, 1Gb robson turbomemory, 8600M GT (ddr2), C2D 2Ghz (4mb cache)

On vista, Do not forget to set your battery performance: high performance.

----------

yabani

for my eyes, steady 20fps isnt smooth at all, its horrible when it comes to fps games. In games like wow 20fps isnt that bad but in crysis... no way mate.

DUDE I BOUGHT A NEW DELL 1520 YESTARDAY. IT HAS 2 GB RAM NVIDIA 8600GT AND CORE 2 DUO 7250 .WITH SUCH HIGH CONFIGURATION MY LAPTOP CANNOT RUN IT EVEN AT 800*600 F(&^*** RESOLUTION.IT SUX BADLY.MY OLD PC WHICH HAS 1 GB RAM AMD 2800+ SOLO CORE PROCESSOR AND NVIDIA 6200 GFX CARD RUNS CRYSIS FAR BETTER .SOMEONE HELP ME.I THINK I AM GONNA KILL DELL FOR THIS AS THE F(&^*** TECHNICAL SUPPORT GUYS ARE GIVING ME LAME ANSWERS. EVEN NFS PRO STREET IS NOT RUNNING AT MAX. SETTINGS NOR AT 1024

EVEN NFS PRO STREET ...

I found it much much more sluggish on my go6800 than Crysis (both as demo).

AKHIL, i dont know whats happens with your lap, i have a dell 1520n too and i can play crysis very smoothy with this:

TEXTURE QUALITY = HIGH

VOLUMETRICS EFFECTS = HIGH

GAME EFECTS = HIGH

POST PROCESSING =HIGH

OBJECTS QUALITY =MEDIUM

PHYSICS QUALITY =MEDIUM

SHADERS QUALITY =MEDIUM

WATER QUALITY =MEDIUM

SOUND QUALITY =MEDIUM

SHADOWS QUALITY =LOW

PARTICLES QUALITY =LOW

AA =OFF

DIRECTX 9C

1024x768

this is my first configuration, i played only one time and runs very good and the graphics still awsome, im gonna try later changing another options to high, i need to tell you that im running the game in a hacked version of windows xp called, windows xp suricataos revision mangosta, this version runs much faster than the normal version of windows xp and im using 169.04 drivers

i hope that you can understand me im not very good in english, this is my first post in this forum

Edited by Edwin

Dude, don't get a Dell.

TEXTURE QUALITY = MEDIUM

VOLUMETRICS EFFECTS = VERY HIGH

GAME EFECTS = MEDIUM

POST PROCESSING =HIGH

OBJECTS QUALITY =LOW

PHYSICS QUALITY =VERY HIGH

SHADERS QUALITY =VERY HIGH

WATER QUALITY =VERY HIGH

SOUND QUALITY =MEDIUM

SHADOWS QUALITY =MEDIUM

PARTICLES QUALITY =VERYHIGH

AA =OFF

DIRECTX 10

800*600 which i know is very low but the high shaders and other eye candy makes up for it

Over clocked 8600m gt to 600/450

Dell 1520 4 gig ram 1.8 c2d

Runs at lowsest 15 fps and normal about 19 which isnt huge but the motion blur makes it fell a lot smoother

The only thing i can think of (besides you just have a bad pc :-) is that you have some bad drivers installed, you should check if theres any updates to all of your pc's components, you can do this at www.driveragent.com, (i believe this site links to it too somewhere), it costs a small yearly fee but allows you to scan your hardware and then suggests better drivers to install...

It has already helped me over 20 times, - bad drivers can really mess up your pc - believe me...

Though i dont know my fps, I can tell you that i run Crysis on 1280x1024 with everything set to high, except PostProcessing which is set to medium, and it runs great...

i have the same exact pc config except i have i faster cpu and newer video bios, but crysis is running sloooooow on my pc. i have the 169.04 drivers. what drivers do u have installed

also noob question, how do i switch crysis to dx9 for vista

Edited by omega2k1

To switch to DX9 just right-click on the game icon (at least in the Vista games explorer) and choose "Play DX9 mode". It's as simple as that.

If you want to, you can also right-click the crysis and choose properties, where you will be able to choose your favourite option as predetermined when just starting the game normally.