LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.04 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis & TimeShift Demo

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

maybe close down more processors since crysis does use alot of cpu.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charles-0100

• RangerXML

• abcdefg

• sgtmatt1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First (Crysis) GPU Benchmark 1fps more and 2nd GPU Bechmark 4 to 5 fps more but then Vista restarted the driver because I OCed to much.

Edited by Gorr

great drivers,

had some issues with the driver hanging when OCed to much and Vista restored the drivers with underclocked Core/Mem so I had to restart to make the games playable again anyway here's what I got.

Using: Asus G1S; t7300 (2.0ghz); 2gb ram; 5400rpm hd; 8600GT 256DDR3 475/700@590/780

i've OCed it to 590/780 and recieved stable result with 4375 3DMk06 score at default 3DMk06 settings and resolution of 1280x1024, tried at 600/800 but driver crashed, no artifacts though.

temps were ~70c idle 86-95c during the tests, shame that Asus G1S gets pretty hot though it's still tolerable temp afaik

just wanted to confirm that these are still viable for overclocking, good luck and have fun :)

regards

Tomasz

I have an G1S with 7500cpu and vista still laggy at aero, do you have the same prb?

I try 3dmark 2006

169.01 3514

169.04 3518

4 points more, it's not a big jump, but it's a increse.

I notice that now i can paly game with af 4x and obtain the same result or more that the original driver, tnks for your great job.

Today Dell launch a new driver for 1520, it's a 15x,xx.

169.01 - 169.04 still does not work for my poor 7900gs card. the powermizer is kicking my arese all the time. bah, too bad since it seems that nvidia iare releasing good beta drivers at the moment.. DAMN U POWERMIZER!!!!!! :)

I try this drivers...

Powermize don't Work..

My 3D performance only LOW...

My Notebook crash 2 times... while starting..

I rollback to 163.75.. i will try again when more stable drivers come out..

Sorry my english :)

Cya..

Edited by Turbo-Xan

hey there _fLuXuS_*

Vista32bit Aero works super smooth for me, never had any issues with vista as for now so i'm pretty much sattisfied with it.

Try maybe using CCleaner, it might be some garbage slowing down your G1S, also try to remove some of the bloatware, Symantec, some of the asus stuff ( the one to protect data is known to give some issues with overall performance)

regards

ps

and damn i envy you 7500, this cpu alone gives ~200 more 3dmark06 points :)

Hey everybody.. I just wonder about one thing.. Im using driver v169.01 with rivatuner and ntune. Just got 4312 in 3D mark 06. :) Everything improves when i OC but my CPU is always at 1540 up to 1550.. It doesnt change. And in 3Dmark 06 the FPS in CPU test is 0. Am i doing something wrong or is there any other program that i have to use. I would be realy, realy happy for an answer.. :)

Edited by pulverputte

For those that care about the Windows Vista Index score:

CPU 5.4

RAM 4.6

Aero/GPU 4.5

Gaming 5.2

HDD 5.2

CPU 5.5

RAM 4.9

Aero/GPU 4.5

Gaming 5.2

HDD 5.2

CPU 5.5

RAM 4.9

Aero/GPU 4.8

Gaming 5.3

HDD 5.2

Don't ask me why my CPU and RAM went up, but me likes the 169.04 score...even though I have yet to figure out the actual viability of the Windows Index Score.

3DMark'06 is about the same as with 169.01 my be alittle increase (3600~), but they seriously need to update 3Dmark, it about as useful as the Windows index score.

uhm, I did a clean install and the 169.04 driver works BUT in nvidia ntune i had alot of options (left part of the screen) and now they are all gone, also where you can adjust the gpu core, memory... (So i can't overclock any more?????)

:) help

EDIT:

Damn man !!!!

My fps is still the same, people say you get +3 fps but i get 0....

Help please !!

Left picture is BEFORE 169.04 Clean install

Right picture is AFTER 169.04 Clean install

Just uninstall and reinstall nTune.

PowerMizer is a fake, it does nothing but limits VGA performance when running on battery, though how often do you decide to help yourself a frag or two while wile waiting somewhere without power source? An even if you do you won’t want to play with low fps. VGA switches 2D/3D modes itself, and PowerMizer have nothing do with it. IMHO

to _fLuXuS_* again

try maybe installing vista patch from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...2c-72c09b7cec04

it's part of Vista SP1 that microsoft decided to release earlier, btw i'm using Vista 32 ultimate

the first thing i've done when bought the G1S, was an clean instalation of standalone Vista ultimate x86 and the drivers install.

in portugal the G1S now have an 2.5ghz core2duo, 1gb intel turbo memory and 160gb hdd 7200rpm :) :)

but my G1S it's the 7500cpu with 160gb hdd 5200.

the price here rounds beetwen 1500 - 1699?.

about the new release of 169.04, in Jericho Game, it's slower than the .01 release.

weird....

best regards,

fLuXuS

I have been trying to get my MacBook Pro 2.4 to overclock using these drivers in Vista. I have tried Riva Tuner, ATITool and Ntunes. It will not show the higher clocks you are using and wnk make any adjustments after I click apply.

If you can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

stock 3dmark 3455 with these drivers!

howcome after pressing ok in Riva the core and mem go back to normal (475/400)?

Great drivers!!! No problems at all!!! OC still works!!!

My aero is no more laggy like 169.01 :)

169.04 FTW!!!

Guest rpringle

Tried these drivers out on my Dell vostro 1500 and Vista seems to boot a bit faster without screen flicker and games run marginally smoother then the 163.11. My laptop is running an 8600M gt video chip with Vista home basic.

Seems to be the best driver i've tried yet.

Great drivers!!! No problems at all!!! OC still works!!!

what program r u using 2 OC?

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I have a 6324W Zepto with a 8600gt nVidia card.

I can't get to download any of the modded drivers on your great forum and I do not know why.

I get a dns error just like if the link was broken.

Can you please help me?

Thanks everybody