LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.04 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis & TimeShift Demo

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Just installed these drivers in my Clevo M57u. No more crashes with Crysis retail version.

Previously used 163.67 but these crashed using Crysis retail even though they worked with Crysis demo ok.?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charles-0100

• RangerXML

• abcdefg

• deon10

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear All,

I am having problems knowing which driver is best to use. :) Graphics Card : GeForce 8400m g

This is the standard card that comes with the Asus A8Sc Model. 2g mem & Vista Premium

I have managed to install the 169.01 and 169.04 drivers fine but they don't seem to change the graphics card performance.

Both driver sets have had minor display issues with Half Life 2 (cutting display of the health bar)

I bought Total War: Kingdoms the other day, but 10 mins in game it cuts out with vista telling me certain drivers failed.

I would really appreciate if you guys could lead me in the best direction. :)

OR IS THE CARD REALLY JUST NOT WORTH ITS PACKAGING?!

Thank you

Hey guys..i have a strange problem...you are all talking about overclocking your graphic card, but i cant adjust the clock?!

When i try to overclock, gpu and memory clocks jump right back to default when i press apply and ok after that?!

Laptop is Acer 5920 with T7300 and geforce 8600m GT.

i am using 8400m gs , the same driver but no problem at OC ...

How do you compare 169.04 to newer 169.09 drivers ?

Have you tested both ?

Edited by nmk1988

Hi, I am using 163.75 (stable and performant). I tried out 169.09 but could not enable SLI. Anyone had success with that or know when that will be ready? I've tried 169.04 several times and it locks up my system. I have dual sli 8700M GT with a Dell m1730.

Hi guys, am running a ASUS G1S with a GeForce 8600M GT card.

I am planning to play CoD4, Crysis and Gears of War soon.

Would u guys recommend this driver or v169.01? (in terms of performance and stability)

Thanks in advance for the answers!

• 3 weeks later...

i've installed the driver without any problems it actually increased game performance and now i'm able to play clive barker's jericho at higher resolution, sam for Rainbow six las vegas with high and medium setting and it works fine, i wonder if it's owrth OCing i'm with Rivatuner 2.06, howver there is no test button in the OC menu, any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
Guest The Wonderer

I just got a very nasty message from my AntiVirus program that the file that I downloaded from here contains the "hupigon" trojan horse!

If I may be so bold, do you host spyware or worse?? :)

If so it's a pity, because the 169.04 vista32 bit driver really seems to at last have "hit the spot" with NWN2...

I just got a very nasty message from my AntiVirus program that the file that I downloaded from here contains the "hupigon" trojan horse!

If I may be so bold, do you host spyware or worse?? :)

If so it's a pity, because the 169.04 vista32 bit driver really seems to at last have "hit the spot" with NWN2...

Read this:

News

Had anyone experienced problems with tv-out using this 169.04 driver on a 8600M GT 512 DDR2?

Including on boot screen on my tv set does'nt apear nothing... In the nVidia Control Panel i have no option to select clone or anything else, but "Only use one display"

I'm using Aspire 5920G T7300 2GB DDR2...

I have been trying to get my MacBook Pro 2.4 to overclock using these drivers in Vista. I have tried Riva Tuner, ATITool and Ntunes. It will not show the higher clocks you are using and wnk make any adjustments after I click apply.

If you can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem the reason for this is the firmware in the macbook pro 8600m gt won't let you overclock when the OS thinks it is running on batteries and for some reason vista thinks it is on batteries, the work around is to unplug the power for a second and plug it back in in fact the stock clocks also increase from the battery ones to the power adapter ones and you can then overclock

I just use ntunes for this, the first attempt it will throttle it down to stocks clocks but the second one it let's your overclock

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Terence

Does anyone know where I can find the modded INF file for Dell Inspiron 1520 for 8600MGT? I tried the one on the main page here http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers under 169.04 and pasted it into the directory to install. But after I installed it my computer did not even detect the driver at all. I'm using 156.57 right now because that's the only one I can install. Can someone give me a hand here?

• 3 months later...

hi has any1 else had any problems with windows update? i installed forceware version 169.04 from like 151 i believe on my geforce 8400m gs, then windows update said there was an update called "nvidia - display - nvidia nb8m-gs", once it started installing that update my graphics card started failing, there were a multitude of colors of lines appearing over my screen for like a minute b4 the laptop finally crashed and reverted my forceware back to like version 101. im reinstalling forceware 169.04 as we speak

• 11 months later...
Guest Paul Hogsten

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a 6800 Ultra. The 9300 BIOS are still installed. I am looking for a modified/hacked XPS2 BIOS that were at one time available for downloading off the internet back in about 2007.

Does anyone have any recomendations on a Vista driver that will work with my laptop's 6800 Ultra either with the 9300 BIOS or with hacked XPS2 BIOS?

The laptop has XP but I do have a upgrade of Vista available so my son can play Halo 2 on this laptop. At one time I did have Halo 2 installed on XP using some type of hack, however I was unable to dublicate this install after I had to restage the computer.

Thanks,

Paul