LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.04 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis & TimeShift Demo

mobilenvidia

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

The EXACT same problem. NO control panel, NO way to change or adjust ANYTHING. Cannot use brand new monitor with these drivers because there is absolutely NO Way to change or adjust ANYTHING.

This Sucks. I don't even feel like testing games with this because I can't use the larger monitor that is actually at HEAD-LEVEL. Stupid drivers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• uncajesse

• Abgrund

• kadetten

I managed to fix it but it still kind of sucks. There is no way to adjust anything on the HD-monitor like there is with the nvidia control panel. However I managed to get it to go to the external monitor in the display properties by extending it to the other option and making it my default. However on the left side of the screen the mouse can vanish if you push it over you have to drag it back. Thats what I mean about adjusting the settings.

But oh well, lets see what gaming is like.

DUDE I don't know if you call this fixed. Its in clone mode (most likely without a way to change or disable it) and crap is opening on the laptop monitor while I am using the bigger monitor. This is absolute crap. Program opened on laptop and when I opened a menu in the laptop it opens on the bigger monitor. This is dumb.

Guest GUESTquadrouplepost

Ok, well I just unclicked the extend to this monitor on the previous monitor option and it fixed the clone mode.

Sheesh man I need to chill and take a bong hit.

Sorry everyone about the quadrouple post. Hopefully this info helps someone (like the guy with the same hdmi/dvi problem as me)

I will test out the games now, hopefully they work well. :)

Ok, so after starting up stalker and adjusting the settings (doesn't perform with EVERYTHING on high, but it is doing great with AA off, etc) it is actually playing now. Thank you for your work it obviously is worth the time. I was just going to deal with the fact that I couldn't play crysis or stalker, but now I can, thanks to you!

Again, sorry for multiple posts, I don't want to register and I can't edit. Perhaps I will register some-day when new drivers come out or something.

Geforce Go 7600 isn't on the supported cards list. I know nothing about creating or modding drivers but can this driver be used on my HP Pavillion with XP32 SP2? If not can it be moddified or can anyone point me to a driver that can run Timeshift on this setup?

Thanks

How about this driver:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15367

Read through the posts someone on there with the card you have posted good results. It is also timeshift related.

- Anyway I wanted to thank those here that make and post the drivers. I thought I was stuck with crap cd drivers that gave me artifacts in most of todays games. Now I can play -and enjoy- stalker with no problem. Max settings x2AA x4AF(or 6/8 can't really tell by the slider) and it runs smooth. I finally noticed an nvidia control panel icon in the tray but nothing opens, so my point is still valid. However it does show the options relating to everything again- just can't really use any of it.

Anyway, I have yet to try out all of my other games. I bet even PSObb will see a good markup from these drivers.

Good work. (I am also going to test the crysis beta again, since it is still on until the 16th.) Thanks again!

Guest Allen Mao

Hi, host, I just got a Dell laptop_Inspiron 1420 with 8400M GS, I knew I can use this updated driver version, but can you confirm with me that whether this driver can support the Hardware accelerate for HDTV 1080P such as H.264 video file under XP 32bit environment?

Appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks!

yea, it does

and 163.76 is also problematic with external monitor. The text on the monitor becomes almost unreadable with that one.

i have ge force go 7600 at my laptob but after updating chipset, using this firver and using rivatuner for OC now i have a geforce 7650GS according to my computer what should i do?

Hello, i have asus z98s laptop with 8600m gs video card on it but i can't update drivers because it says you can only do it with asus drivers on asus web page i downloaded from vnidia can't install not compatible... what should i do asus has only only old driver released in may 25...help

Guest scoozer

Guys with Performance Problems check this:

After installing the driver, always check the box in die NVIDIA Settings under "Change PowerMizer settings" the box called: "Extend battery charge by using less power for the display"

UNCHECK this box and the driver will work GREAT now on youll see the Performance Boosts on each game who should get one!

Guest Stephen Friedrich

Will this driver help me getting my 8600M GT to display the correct resolution on both

- my Dell Vostro's 1500 built-in display running 1440x900

- my external LCD running 1680x1050

With Dell's original driver as soon as I set the external monitor to 1680x1050 the built-in display changes back to 1280x800 which of course looks awful.

Or is there a general limitation with this chip limiting the total resolution?

When I close the lid my display don't get turned off with these modded drivers like it does with my manufacture drivers for the 8400M GS. Any clue how I can solve that problem?

And to you royal; Driver: ForceWare X 169.04 for Windows XP/2K 32bit and Modded INF: nv4_disp.inf

Edited by kadetten

Have you downladed the modded inf and replaced it with the original? Without that step the driver will not recognize your gpu.

ill give this a go while i wait for the modded info for 169.109 :)

i too have a geforce 6800 go (i remember when this card was the hero and now its old..hahaha)

cheers

UPDATE...well i gave this a go and after the install of the driver my screen went crazy..vertical lines,etc,etc..(yes i overwrite the inf)

i rebooted and blue screen...than went to last know good config and uninstalled and stuc back my old 91.33...

what heppened??

Edited by who13

Have you downladed the modded inf and replaced it with the original? Without that step the driver will not recognize your gpu.

where I find modded inf DELL VOSTRO ?

helppp

my english this bad , i am from brazil, sorry

Does anyone else that doesn't have an SLi card have the SLi actually get detected, and enabled, and actually have it working? Because I have only one normal GeForce Go 7800GTX, and it did just that. I have SLi working, it will even draw the load balancing stuff on screen. WTF??

How the hell is this possible? It's tripping me out. The only thing that makes sense is that there is no improvement in performance.

Dump the crash (by clicking on the debug button when it crashes) and run the dump through a debugger like WinDBG (comes with "Debugging Tools For Windows" from Microsoft's site)

You can find tutorials on how to easily read the cause of a crash from a dump on google, etc.

Then you'll at least have information that can help us help you, otherwise there's no way to know what might be triggering the crash, much less caushing it.

this driver work on go7400?? i have hp pavillion dv6000 with go7400, but can't find videocard driver due to update.

anyone can help me?

i have dell inspiron 1520. confugiration:

ntel® CoreTM 2 Duo T7300 (2,0GHz,4 MB L2, 800 MHz)

2 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

160GB 7200 RPM SATA

NVIDIA® GeForceTM 256MB DDR2 8600M GT

15,4 inch UltraSharpTM TrueLife özellikli SXGA+

Vista - Directx 10, DirectX End-User Runtimes (November 2007), 164.01 driver

When i start call of duty 4 it freezes at the briefing section. i have tried 3 times and it freezed in different times of the briefing. i think it is problem when video is started in the game. original inf supports my gpu but i allways install drivers with mod inf. is this can be a problem? what is problem? haaaaa!!!!!

tryed to install driver however said its missing nvucode.bin... never seen that one before. any ideas?