LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XP driver for GF8600m GT on Acer Aspire 5920G

gidget64

Howdy Folks,

My sincere apologies if this issue has already been addressed elsewhere in the forum, but after quite a while searching around I haven't spotted the solution I seek:

I have an Acer Aspire 5920G laptop sporting a GeForce 8600M GT, with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. Well, after many weeks 'trying' Vista, I had decided to go back to Windows XP Pro SP2, as I found it to be a much better operating system.

I loaded XP and went about installing the variety of device drivers as necessary, and all was going swimmingly until I tried to install the XP graphics driver I had downloaded from Nvidia.

This promptly announced that the driver would not install on Vista hardware, and aborted the installation (..even though I had already installed XP as the (only) OS on the laptop)?

Does any kind soul out there know of a way around this?

I'm quite happy with the graphics card but very keen to get away from Vista if at all possible, so any advice would be most welcome and greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards, and apologies if this issue has already been addressed elsewhere.

Dom

Guest greenhorn

Sry for my weak english but I try to write as understandable as possible ;-)

My suggestion: Download a driver from this side perhabs this one:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=13793

Extract the files to a folder an replace the .inf then use the sezup.exe

I have a hp pavillion dv 9590 an the driver works. in 3d Mark06 i get some points less, but games work well.

Greez

Greez,

Thank you indeed for your valued suggestion.

And there's absolutely no need to apologize for your English - I had no trouble whatsoever in understanding exactly what you were saying and I shall be following your suggestion as soon as I get the chance.

Thank you again for your time and trouble - it is very much appreciated!! :)

Dom

Sry for my weak english but I try to write as understandable as possible ;-)

My suggestion: Download a driver from this side perhabs this one:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=13793

Extract the files to a folder an replace the .inf then use the sezup.exe

I have a hp pavillion dv 9590 an the driver works. in 3d Mark06 i get some points less, but games work well.

Greez