LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700M or 8600M SLI

Rubexx77

I thinking buying a Toshiba X205-S9359 or a X205-SLI-3 but I want to know wich deliver the best raw proven performance? My system is running good so I want to upgrade to Vista and DX10 since I downgrade to XP MCE 2005 due to Vista and GPU problems. Any help will be appreciated thanks...

Edited by Rubexx77

Make sure the laptop has an NVidia nForce chipset if you want guaranteed SLI or else you may not have functional or limited SLI.

You know if the X205 SLI 3 comes with that?

Copied from this news post:

...i figured it will be derived from the two currently unnamed TOSHiBA SLI rigs namely SLI1 and SLI3 and those .PDF specs can be found here:

- X205-SLI1

- X205-SLI3

after my experience, i wouldnt touch any laptop that didnt have a genuine nforce SLI chipset. this whole fiasco for me has left such a bad taste in my mouth that i'll doubt i'll ever buy another laptop for my gaming needs.

Unless you want severe headaches with drivers, then make sure the laptop has a genuine nforce chipset and not any other chipset with an nforce n100 chip to enable SLI.

How I will know if the X205 SLI-1 or 3 have a genuine nvidia chipset?

? I posted 2 links to the specs. If this is not the exact laptop you own you have to look on the Toshiba support site for your specs.

The SLI 3 specs .PDF as posted above says: Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset

The 8700M GT is the fastest Mobility GPU out there. It shouldn't have too many problems speedwise with games.

from reviews and benchmarks i've read and seen, the Go 7950GTX is actually still the fastest mobile part currently being manufactured. Only the new Go 8800 GT/GTX will be able to actually out perform it.

• 2 weeks later...
I thinking buying a Toshiba X205-S9359 or a X205-SLI-3 but I want to know wich deliver the best raw proven performance? My system is running good so I want to upgrade to Vista and DX10 since I downgrade to XP MCE 2005 due to Vista and GPU problems. Any help will be appreciated thanks...

SLI setup is faster, but not necessarily "as compatible". SLI can be trouble with some games.