LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blu-Ray playback broken with all non-WHQL drivers?

Anchel

Yes but I can't find official drivers, from nvidia they send me to acer website (my laptop is an acer aspire 8920g). On the acer website there aren't driver for vista 32 service pack 1 for my 9500M GS. What I should do?

I finally got the latest Nvidia drivers (178.13) from nVision, to work correctly on my 8920G.

Everything is functional, Blu-ray works fine, acer power management includes the graphics power mode, PhysX is enabled (download the latest PhysX driver from the same site) overclocking of the shader clock works with Nvidia performance tool installed. It is the fastest driver yet, my 9650M GS scored 5213 on 3d Mark 06, previous best was 5000. I'm on Vista 64 bit so I installed the 64 bit driver.

This is what I did:

downloaded the driver, ran it to unzip it to a folder, downloaded the modded .inf to the same directory & overwrote the original file. Opened up the .inf file in notepad & added the subsys information for your card.

the 9650M GS is as follows

change

%NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0408.1% = nv_NV3x_Mobile, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0408

to

%NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0408.1% = nv_NV3x_Mobile, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0408&SUBSYS_01451025

I then downloaded the nVidia Mobility Modder Tool from http://www.driverheaven.net/nvmodtool.php & ran it. I then installed the driver, a warning came up about unsigned driver on Vista 64 bit, but I just continued at the prompt.

I tried a Blu-ray disk & when Acer Arcade opened it automatically installed an update in about 5 seconds & played the Blu-ray perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cdx47

• P.J

• LSudlow

• Anchel

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not work for me.

I Installed 178.13 for Vista 32bits, modded it with Nvidia Mobility Modder and I still don't get bluray playback

• 2 weeks later...
It does not work for me.

I Installed 178.13 for Vista 32bits, modded it with Nvidia Mobility Modder and I still don't get bluray playback

And i have installed the 179.13 32bit Vista Version and do it with the mobility modder and also got no blu ray available anymore.

Has anyone of you a link to an WHQL driver for an 8800M GTS ???

Last one from here that worked was version 175.32.

Would be nice to get a new version of driver that also work with blu ray.

Edited by Amokk

• 2 weeks later...
And i have installed the 179.13 32bit Vista Version and do it with the mobility modder and also got no blu ray available anymore.

Has anyone of you a link to an WHQL driver for an 8800M GTS ???

Last one from here that worked was version 175.32.

Would be nice to get a new version of driver that also work with blu ray.

Hi

I've just used the Have Disk method as outlined in this thread and it worked great for me, on my laptop which has 8800M GTS.

I installed the unmodded 178.24 drivers on Vista 32 using the Have Disk method; first I selected to install 8800 GTS, but that failed, so I picked 8800 GTS 512, and that worked like a charm.

BluRay is working perfectly.

This thread's a life-saver! Thanks.

Edited by OscarWabbit

I can sincerely vouch for the Have Disk method described on page 3. Follow the steps exactly the way The One described and Blu-Ray should be working fine. System config:

- 4 GB RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

- P7350 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz Processor (1066 MHz FSB/3 MB cache)

- 320 GB 5400 RPM HDD

- Windows Vista x64 SP1

- Driver version 180.42

The trick is when you select which drivers to install on the .inf, make sure you choose the driver with the same name as your mobile video card. Remember, these are just desktop drivers until you use the modded .inf, so don't be alarmed when you don't see any mobile model names on the driver list.

EDIT: I propose the Have disk method be updated to include that this will solve Blu-Ray playback problems (of course accrediting The One).

~~Ex~~

Edited by Ex Bond

• 2 months later...

hi all, I might have overlooked the answer. However:

As my AcerArcade Deluxe troubles me playing a recent Blu-ray I would like to understand this WQHL thing.

My driver (for 8600m GT) is the 179.28. Works well, but is a beta driver, apparently without WHQL certification.

The movie player software Acer Arcade Deluxe was pre-installed and is ultimately something from cyberlink.

Therefore can anybody answer the original question of this post?

Does the driver have to be WHQL certified??

Or does it depend on the player software (one does, another doesn't)?

I don't want to use AnyDVD HD.

Thanks guys. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My driver (for 8600m GT) is the 179.28. Works well, but is a beta driver, apparently without WHQL certification.

Okay, 179.28 is apparently WHQL certified, at least that is what dxdiag tells me.

BTW: I have solved my problem playing Blu-Ray by installing the latest Arcade Deluxe Version (2.0.5312) after getting rid of the obviously outdated and unsufficiently supported previous version.

I got it from here: http://komku.blogspot.com/2008/05/download...or-windows.html

I didn't have to install any of the available two updates to get it to work.

This is great, neither Acer nor Cyberlink are able to support... what a shame.