LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unreal Tournament GOTY - Very slow

Songokuric

I have a laptop Amilo M3438G with a Geforce 6800 go, and I tried to play Unreal Tournament GOTY. The game should have worked fine because is an old game, but incredibly the game was extremely slow with D3D or OpenGL renders :P !

I noticed that the graphic card don?t work at full speed when this game is playing, very strange :) ... Could this be a driver related problem? All other recent games work fine.

I?m using ForceWare 169.04 drivers and I tried other recent ForceWare drivers, all with the same problem :) .

How can I make this game run smooth and fast?

Edited by Songokuric

Does the game run better in windowed mode vs fullscreen?

I know it sounds strange but I have a similar speed issue, but only when the game runs fullscreen.

I haven't tried downgrading drivers (82.10 currently) but I have tried changing many options with no luck so far.

Maybe I should mess around in the nvidia control panel.

With older drivers or with an older version of WinXP the game used to run at high framerates with everything turned up on my laptop.

Its possible some XP update broke compatibility. (or it just doesn't work on newer drivers)