LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with GeForce 8700m GT driver

korhan

Hi, I have a Toshiba X205 with vista 32bit Ultimate (GeForce 8700M GT), and when I go to play Gears of War, I get this message that warns me.

********************************************************************************

To run Gears of War with your current hardware setup, you must install the following software of updates:

+ NVIDIA ForceWare 163.44 Driver

If you do not install this software, at some point the game will stop ans your progress will be lost.

********************************************************************************

Now I have gone to Toshiba's site for an upgrade, but they don't have this version. I also went to NVIDIA's website and it told me to go to Toshiba's website. I just need help on where to find the driver for this and how to install it. Thanks in advance. :)

post-16212-1194536410_thumb.jpg

use the latest driver 169.04. If the program won't install complaining about not supported graphics card or some message like that then apply the modified inf file and it should work.

use the latest driver 169.04. If the program won't install complaining about not supported graphics card or some message like that then apply the modified inf file and it should work.

Thanks it works great now! :)

I don't want my PC to crash or anything cause I tried installing a driver to play Gears of War (I got the same message) so my question is: does this really work, and if not will it ruin my PC again? I just got it back today from installing the wrong driver, so please let me know A.S.A.P. Thanks much.

hi , well i have the Toshiba X205 with vista 32bit Ultimate (GeForce 8700M GT) ( also) and i want to run gears of war

and i get this message

To run Gears of War with your current hardware setup, you must install the following software of updates:

so i download the NVIDIA ForceWare 163.75 , and when i try to installed the driver it get this message

Error of instaletion of NVIDIA

---------------------------

the program of instalation of NVIDIA cant find any compatible driver for the actual harware

or in spanish

Error de instalación de NVIDIA

El programa de instalación NVIDIA no puede localizar ningún controlador compatible con el hardware actual. El programa de instalación se cerrará ahora.

Please if anyone could help me please :) :)

hi , well i have the Toshiba X205 with vista 32bit Ultimate (GeForce 8700M GT) ( also) and i want to run gears of war

and i get this message

so i download the NVIDIA ForceWare 163.75 , and when i try to installed the driver it get this message

Error of instaletion of NVIDIA

the program of instalation of NVIDIA cant find any compatible driver for the actual harware

or in spanish

Error de instalación de NVIDIA

El programa de instalación NVIDIA no puede localizar ningún controlador compatible con el hardware actual. El programa de instalación se cerrará ahora.

Please if anyone could help me please :) :)

I installed 167.45 on my Dell XPS M1730, Vista 32 Ultimate, with the modded .inf file last night and it worked perfectly with Gears of War, not one crash and pefectly smooth gameplay.

Download it here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=16311

Download the driver and the modded .inf in this page.

Extract the file to a folder called 16745_vista on the desktop (create it) and then add the modded .inf file to that folder (should replace the one already in there. then run the setup file in the folder and the driver was install.

NOW JUST HOPING IT WILL WORK WITH CRYSIS...........

DELL XPS M1730

WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 32

INTEL CORE DUO 2.2GHZ

DUAL GEFORCE GO 8700M GT SLI

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS NOTEBOOK

AGEIA PHYSX 100 ENGINE

2GB RAM

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dead guy in a box
I installed 167.45 on my Dell XPS M1730, Vista 32 Ultimate, with the modded .inf file last night and it worked perfectly with Gears of War, not one crash and pefectly smooth gameplay.

Download it here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=16311

Download the driver and the modded .inf in this page.

Extract the file to a folder called 16745_vista on the desktop (create it) and then add the modded .inf file to that folder (should replace the one already in there. then run the setup file in the folder and the driver was install.

NOW JUST HOPING IT WILL WORK WITH CRYSIS...........

DELL XPS M1730

WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 32

INTEL CORE DUO 2.2GHZ

DUAL GEFORCE GO 8700M GT SLI

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS NOTEBOOK

AGEIA PHYSX 100 ENGINE

2GB RAM

mmk ive done this a couple times but for some reason every time i do it installs half way and then it stops, then it acts like it fully installed (diddnt show progress, but it says that it was installed succesfully, and it asks me if i would like to restart my computer, like it would if it were successful) but then after it asks you for a restart it tells you that it was not installed correctly. which is just great because now i gotta wait for it to finish restarting... any help?