LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem Overclocking 8600M GT

Artix

Hello everyone,

I have a Acer Aspire 5920G with GeForce 8600M GT 256MB.

Recently, I tried to overclock a little bit of my graphics card. I followed the instructions of the overclocking guide in the FAQ, and also tried the method provided at the RivaTuner home page, but it doesn't seem to work. The core clock and memory clock just resets itself whenever I try to apply my new clock settings. Hope anyone can give me some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Artix

EDIT: I was using ForceWare 163.44.. Just upgraded my driver to 169.01, and now it works.. Hope this helps.

Edited by Artix

well i got the same problem.

also with 169.01 or .04 doesnt make any difference for me.

Hope some1 has the sollution!

• 2 weeks later...

i had this problem too , with the drivers supplied by Dell , but when i found this website and followed the instructions on installing the modified drivers , everything seems ok now for me , i use the nTune utility by nvidia to overclock my card . and it seems to work fine with me . make sure that you install the latest moded drivers with moded inf , found on this site .