LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver killed my laptop HELP!

Guest Nithia

i just installed the latest driver for the xp 32 bit. i am using a GeForce Go 7400 in my laptop. when i was playing counter strike all of a sudden my computer just turned off (weird) so i turned it back on but what do i see but a blue screen with this error

STOP: c000021a {Fatal system error}

The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000009a (0x00000000 0x00000000).

The system has been shut down.

*random curse words* damn blue screen of death i probably did something wrong when i installed it and i did not backup right before installing the driver (dumb) so now i have to find my copy of Kanopics so i can get my impotent info off my hard drive hopefully T-T and then do a system restore back to original specs.

IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH OUT REINSTALLING EVERYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW (ill give up in a week possibly two) you can email me at wesheppner@yahoo.com

See if you can boot up in safe mode. My computer has randomly turned off on me as well. I think that is because your graphics card is over heating due to the fact your using a hacked driver. Anyway when my computer instantly shuts down I would just leave it alone for 10 minutes and let everything cool down. Since your computer still turns on I don't think their is any permanant damage. Try booting in safe mode and see if you can grab the files you need.

Guest sirandrew214

I have same problem on 8700m GT. But I get around it, by starting the computer up WITHOUT the power-plug in. So I start up windows normally, without power(only need to do that the first time after I installed new driver) and then it works normally, untill I need to install another gpu-driver.

Hopes this helps!

regards, Sirandrew214