LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7800GTX on Vista 32-bit not working correctly

Guest Amble

Hi

I've just got my copy of Windows Vista after waiting for a few months and have put it on the laptop this morning. It detected most drivers etc pretty well, even installed the MS driver for the Geforce Go 7800GTX for me.

However, it doesn't function nearly as well as what the old driver did under XP.

I only really play a couple of games of my laptop, mainly sports games but at the moment they're both unplayable. Even running a simple ZSNES shows up the problems with the current driver.

It's as if you've just got a vanilla installation with no driver on @ 640 * 480. Of course I am able to change the resolution easily to 1680 * 1050 or whatever it is and if it's still it's a clear picture, but things like graphic refresh/redraw look like crap frankly. It tears windows as I'm moving them and the game seems to load a frame, then load another one really slowly.

I know it's not the hardware etc. so obviously a driver issue.

What I've done:

Installed latest Directx and updates;

Searched for Vista 32-bit drivers on nvidias site - they have none;

Downloaded nForce drivers for Vista from Nvidia - the application just said it detected no compatible hardware;

Downloaded the XP/2K drivers and tried those, said that I didn't have windows installed (obviously searching for 2k/xp when I have vista)

Done these step by step and none have improved performance since the start, are there any drivers here that you would recommend for my problem?

Thanks

For vista 32 bit I would recommend 163.67 It seems to be the most stable on my computer. Again it seems like no 2 computers are ever the same but it is the one I recommend. Try that driver out. Remember to use the modified INF file if your run into an installation error when installing.