LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How do you know SLI is running? 169.04 drivers

darkfall_13

I'm not sure where this question should go but... This is the first time I really got into trying to get a modified inf file to work and according to the directions I got the drivers to install perfectly. After rebooting I enable SLI in the nVidia control panel and start up CS:Source since it has a video stress test, first thing I notice is that I don't get the indicator telling me alternate frame rendering is going, so I exit out and check out the profile, I manually set it to AFR and don't find anything about the load balancing graph and I think well I just upgraded from the 84.74 drivers, maybe they don't support that anymore and restart Source and run the test. I get barely 15 fps when I was getting upwards of 70-80, I double check the games settings and everything is where it was before (and vsync was still off). So my question is I guess, what should I expect as my fps and how am I supposed to know SLI is running normally now? Thanks! :)

Oh yeah my system is:

Alienware Aurora m-9700

AMD Turion 2.4 GHz

1 GB system RAM

2 512 MB GeForce Go 7900 GS

Edited by darkfall_13

Well I found the load indicator setting but still have the same poor performance. Is this modified inf thing a trial and error affair and I need to try some other versoion?

Well I found the load indicator setting but still have the same poor performance. Is this modified inf thing a trial and error affair and I need to try some other versoion?

It is basically trial and error, I'd keep downgrading drivers until I found one that I liked. I've found that 169.04 drivers have a lot of stuttering issues that I've seen in both Bioshock as well as The Witcher. So far, 169.01 seems best for me as it supports UT3 in Sli but has bugs when it comes to video brightness when exiting a game. 163.76 seemed to be the most stable over-all but lacks SLi support for UT3. Since you started with the absolute newest drivers, installing older drivers will ask you to Overwrite newer files found. Do so as these are remnats of the newer driver and may or may not be compatible with the current driver you're trying to use.

Currently, there's lots of issues installing Drivers for SLi laptops that most of us are still suffering through.

Edited by Grey728