LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Yeah, good question. Is there any difference at all to using the older INF?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sgtmatt1

• Charles-0100

• EVO21

• PurpleSkunk

These drivers work with OCing and Powermizer and also resolved an overclocking instability issue present in the previous 169's. So far, I've encountered no problems, so I'd recommend them. (Running an 8600 GS)

Btw, inf modding is pretty straightforward most of the time. He probably won't change anything more than the supported cards, so using the 169.04 inf is fine for installing the driver as-is since the rest of the installation hasn't changed between the two. Only if you want things like coolbits or other installation features do you need to edit other parts of it.

Edited by Smooshieus

I installed these driver with the 169.04 inf file, and when I try to reinstall it with the new 169.09 inf file it gives me an error. Maybe I need to do a clean install, but since it is already working I am not going to bother. The only difference is that in the device manager it says 169.04 instead of 169.09.

Hmm. For some reason it didn't install properly like all other drivers have. I started off with uninstall via Control Panel and a driver cleaner to get rid of 169.04. The installation for 169.09 started off fine, but it ended curiously fast. On reboot, it wasn't installed it seems. Nothing showed up in the Control Panel and the Nvidia Control Panel option wasn't part of the right-lick options. So I tried to install again and it told me nothing had been modified as it was already installed.

Big Problem.

"The Driver selected for this device does not support Windows Vista"

When i run the setup, the progress bar moves quickly then says installation successful. But when I restart I still have standard VGA.

I tried downloading the driver from the nvidia website and the 169.04 inf but im still getting the same problem. I was using the 163.69 before.

I do have vista 32bit.

fail to install it , it said encounter an error during the install ......

I'm getting the same errors as everyone else with the .09 INF.

I'll try the .04 INF and see what turns out.

Edited by Shugo Wolf

Same problem as everyone else. Uninstalled the drivers, then after a curiously fast install at the end it says "the system has not been modified, would you like to reboot?" Then I reboot and I'm still in "driverless" mode like I haven't installed anything. Hmm...

Edited by Joga

I'm getting the same errors as everyone else with the .09 INF.

I'll try the .04 INF and see what turns out.

The .04 INF did the exact same thing.

Well, back to 169.04 for me.

Well whatever happened made something critical wrong with my system.

169.04 is giving me the same problem now. I can't go back. System restore I guess.

I just got done with a Restore myself to fix the same problem.

For the time being, these drivers are bad news.

Hello everyone,

Here is a working nv_disp.inf that will install the 169.09 drivers on Vista 32-bit. After looking at the .inf file originally posted, it refers to sections that aren't in the .inf itself... I'm sure it will be corrected in the morning, but for all of those up late....here you go!New INF is uploded (see first post of this thread)

Thank you for all the great work on this site! My MacBook Pro thanks you as well :-)

Lambusser

Edited by ®®®
Removed temporary INF attachment as Pieter's INF is up now uploaded

System restore didn't help. I can't install older drivers now and I'm stuck with standard vga adapter.

It keeps saying the drivers aren't for windows vista.

EDIT: Lambusser's inf magically fixed it. I love you!

Edited by jamus28

System restore didn't help. I can't install older drivers now and I'm stuck with standard vga adapter.

It keeps saying the drivers aren't for windows vista.

same here. this is really quite frustrating, im trying the new inf posted and see what happens

Hello everyone,

Here is a working nv_disp.inf that will install the 169.09 drivers on Vista 32-bit. After looking at the .inf file originally posted, it refers to sections that aren't in the .inf itself... I'm sure it will be corrected in the morning, but for all of those up late....here you go!

Thank you for all the great work on this site! My MacBook Pro thanks you as well :-)

Lambusser

Thank you! :)

Worked like a charm with your .inf. Although... not really any performance difference from 169.04. Crysis GPU benchmark is identical (17.97 -> 17.99 FPS, well within the margin of error).

I think this update was more for SLI, 64-bit, and DX10 performance improvements, none of which I have... so, not much here for me.

Edited by Joga

This lists the 8600 GT, but will it support the 8600M GT?

PhoenixReborn,

Yes.. This will support the 8600M GT (that's what I have here on the MacBook Pro.)

Lam

Guest skygenetic

is there anyone can tell me why it said this driver does not support window vista and failure to proceed . previously was all ok , currently i am using 169.04 vista 32bit , 8600 gt , acer aspire 5920g

I just got done with a Restore myself to fix the same problem.

For the time being, these drivers are bad news.

Same here, stay away from theis driver. The best driver so far is 169.04.

There is just a small issue with the with modded inf that was uploaded (easy to make simple mistake especially when rushing to get them uploaded to lessen the "where is the modded inf!!!!!" posts)

I am sure a fixed inf will be uploaded soon

Until then, you can always still use the .04 inf or the one uploaded in post #44.

D.

Definitely worth the upgrade!!!

If you are playing Crysis these drivers are a MUST!!!

Thank you for the modded INF!!!