LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

i still have the same problem even with the #44`s imf ....

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sgtmatt1

• Charles-0100

• EVO21

• debaucher

Guest skygenetic

previous version is 169.04 , i can see the background turned to be white and snowy color , might be the method to minimize the workload , but in this new version , the snowy white color gone , everything looks fine and nice !

i still have the same problem even with the #44`s imf ....

Fixed after using the Setup application , thX

NO WAY am I recommending these. Waaaay to unstable. I hate to say it but I'm having a really hard time finding a better driver than the WHQL 163.69 drivers for my HP/Compaq INF.

Do these drivers still have the distortion problem for XPS M1710 with a 7950GTX on Vista 32bit?

I'm running 156.65 right now and they are stable but not so quick. I had a few blue screen crashes with 169.01 (with RivaTuner at 100/130 to stop the distortion) and don't want to risk it again unless I know this problem is solved.

Finally in 169-serie this distortion problem in 2D is gone. Tested on 169.04 and 169.09.

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Can i download the modded inf here?

Or is there still a problem with it???

Anybody has a performance boost with this driver (more fps,...? 3Dmark06 score?)

Edited by sgtmatt1

Finally in 169-serie this distortion problem in 2D is gone. Tested on 169.04 and 169.09.

Brilliant! That's really great news, you have the same system as me so I will give these a go later today! I was very impressed with the performance gain I got from 169.01 but the distortion was a real problem.

I will report back with 3DMark comparisons when I get time, but may have to wait until the weekend before I can do that.

Once again, thanks to everyone who was involved in testing and getting these drivers to us!

Cheers,

Paul

0,5 Frames less in the GPU Benchmark in Crysis than the 169.04 Driver.

Great work NVidia. The Driver was optimized for Crysis and slower than the older once ;-)

I agree with the guest, installed just fine, didnt have any problems with the fixed .INF, great work!

Guest ap90033
I agree with the guest, installed just fine, didnt have any problems with the fixed .INF, great work!

Hey guys FYI OVERCLOCKING is vital for most gamers I would think. My T61P 3dmark06 is 3800 but when OC it goes to 4600 and it seems to make a HUGE difference in Games... So, PLEASE can we get OC working on these since they are the latest and greatest? My Call Of Duty 4 game is calling me and I would love to answer lol!!!

Guest Versaidies

On my lappy running these really helped to smooth things out with graphics, and thats a D820 with NVS 120M card and going from 169.01/169.04. However, on my new build with C2D running at 3.6 and an 8800 GTX, these drivers really do amazing things. The crysis demo never drops below 40 FPS with a mix of medium/high settings (shaders are high) and setting up a chain reaction with all the vehicles on the map parked in the building. It really is amazing to see tires and chickens flying through the air and crashing through buildings :) ........... now that i feel like a nerd :)

I really want to install this driver ....

But I want to OVERCLOCK to, so i only upgrade if i can OC

Isn't there a way to overclock with this driver???? :)

Just posting to let you know what these drivers have done to my laptop's performance!

I have a 8600M GS (original 500/400 clocks)!

I was using 169.04 drivers with no known problems and had a 3DMark06 score of around 2533.

Know, using the 169.09 drivers I have exactly the same score with no known problem yet.

So, wih both 169.04 and 169.09 with scores around 2533, there was no improvement on 3DMark06 scores!

--- // ---

I have a little question if someone can answer this for me...

Before and after I upgraded my system memory from 2GB to 3GB, the 3DMark06 scores are the same (2533)!

Only WindowsExperienceIndex saw an increase (5.2 to 5.3 on gaming performance)!

The shared memory of my 8600M GS also increased a lot (don't know the exact values)!

Is this normal? Shouldn't the 3DMark06 score increase aswell?

Thanks for your help!

A really really good improvement.

Using Dell XPS M1730 - with Dual NVIDIA 8700M GT 256 vMem SLI enable. Gained + 100 score on 3dmark06. Haven't tryied it with CoD4 yet, but right now, it looks impressive!!

Thanks a lot guys!

Guest Versaidies
I really want to install this driver ....

But I want to OVERCLOCK to, so i only upgrade if i can OC

Isn't there a way to overclock with this driver???? :)

Yes, Rivatuner 2.06. You can pick it up at Guru3d.com

Isn't it possible to use nTUNE to overclock (with this driver)

Now i still got the 169.04 and I CAN overclock via nTUNE, is this possible with the 169.09??