LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

A really really good improvement.

Using Dell XPS M1730 - with Dual NVIDIA 8700M GT 256 vMem SLI enable. Gained + 100 score on 3dmark06. Haven't tryied it with CoD4 yet, but right now, it looks impressive!!

Thanks a lot guys!

So it actually works with SLI? That means your 3DMark2006 score should be something like 8700 or 8800 right? I ask this because all the info I have read is that only the vendor supplied drivers seem to actually turn on SLI.

Bob

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sgtmatt1

• Charles-0100

• EVO21

• PurpleSkunk

8600M GS here!

I've never tried overclocking!

So today, after installing these 169.09 drivers, I decided to give it a try but it seems these ones don't allow me to modify the clocks!

Tried it with nTune!

Because this was going to be my first overclock try out and exactly the day I decided to do it the drivers I installed the exact same day don't allow me to overclock!

I was always affraid to do it, but is this a message from "destiny" telling me not to overclock?

So it actually works with SLI? That means your 3DMark2006 score should be something like 8700 or 8800 right? I ask this because all the info I have read is that only the vendor supplied drivers seem to actually turn on SLI.

Bob

Yeah, it works with SLI. My score was 8050 on this system:

2.2 GHz Intel Centrino Duo (Core duo)

2 GB DDR2 RAM 667 MHz

250 GB 5700 RPM Hard Drive (yes I know, the speed is sad x_X, didn't think of it when I ordered it.)

Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

And of course,

2x NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT with SLI

So yeah, 8050 is impressive! I was using 169.04 before this, my scrore then was 7900 on 3Dmark06, installed this new driver and went up to 8040, then I changed the setting on SLI as "Alternate Frame Rate every 2 second" and score went up by 10 points.

This is by far the fastest and most stable driver on my XPS as of this writting. And you dont know how damn hard it is to get a working effective driver for this machine. Surely, the score is not 8500+ but with my setting, I'm pretty content! My CPU is even rank #1 on ORB, coparing on same CPU and settings. ^_^!!

Other INFO: 169.04 was pretty unstable for me. Every ones in awhile, the driver would just stop working, getting the window's error message. With 169.09, everything is doing well and great. For now atleast...

EDIT: If you're thinking of trying this driver out, the .inf on the main post does not work (right now). So try this .inf in this reply/post: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....;st=#entry62259

EDIT: Btw, Dell lied to you :) M1730 only has 256 vMem. in SLi, 1 + 1 is not 2. =) Each 8700M GT has 256 vMem. Dell advertisement encourage you to believe that because you have 2x graphic card with 256 MB vMem, that you'll have an end result of 512 total. Lies :) !

Edited by Wind!crap

Yes, Aero seems somewhat unstable with these drivers (and with the 169.04 too).

I have some stuttering when I open/close or minimize/maximize a window, and sometimes some glitching. It is not smooth as it was before, with 163.44 for example. Strange issue.

PS : overclocking in RivaTuner 2.06 still works, on my laptop.

Agreed, aero is very glitch.

Also had issues with the Dell provided 167.36 downloaded from here.

I've been using the 165.01 version driver to date without issue however.

Hope this gets sorted soon!

:)

It seems that the drivers are going worse and worse for me. Got over 300 point 3dmark06 decrease with this one.

Really can´t get what i was hoping for with my hw :/

Heres the results:

169.09.jpg

Overclocking has worked for me with all the 169.0x I have only tried nTune. But that is on my dell 1420 with 8400m GS.

not for mine , i need to use Rivatuner :)

Edited by Charles-0100

Crysis works much better than before on my laptop. And even iTunes cover flow is working smooth

Hmm, darnedest thing... but OC doesn't work for me either

This is the first time I can't get OC'ing to work on my system.

Very weird.

I have tried RivaTuner 2.06 and ATItool 27b2

Will have to check out the inf some more as OC'ing worked fine with 169.04

D.

Edited by debaucher

Anyone else seeing glitching/distortion on window transitions with aero enabled?

(Dell i9400 w/ GF Go 7950GTX)

cheers.

Yes, there are small (and actualy rare) glitches with Aero - it happens as usual for Dell in 2D mode. However it isn't so disturbing as in the past.

I'm going back to test the 167.36 drivers for my HP/Compaq INF. These 169.xx's are just pure garbage. None of these releases for Crysis have been near stable enough for anything near full usability.

If the 167.36 drivers end up working better than the 163.69s I'll post them up but for the 169s AVOID them at all costs unless you have a desktop system and you are itching for drivers.

Hmm, darnedest thing... but OC doesn't work for me either

This is the first time I can't get OC'ing to work on my system.

Very weird.

I have tried RivaTuner 2.06 and ATItool 27b2

Will have to check out the inf some more as OC'ing worked fine with 169.04

D.

in x64 version OC works once clicking off default to OC mode, can slide the sliders and the settings stick.

BUT if I then try and change them again they refuse to stick, and "default clocks' no longer works.

Really weird.

I doubt it's the INF as there are no changes from other 169.0x INFs

:)

It seems that the drivers are going worse and worse for me. Got over 300 point 3dmark06 decrease with this one.

Really can´t get what i was hoping for with my hw :/

Heres the results:

169.09.jpg

I get

163.69 3514

167.04 3518

167.09 3512

So + or - the same result, are you sure you have uninstalled well the previous driver?

What results u get from Go 7 Series compared to older 169.0x and 163.xx ?

I have installed 169.09 on Go 7950 GTX, but I don't have benchmark SW

I doubt it's the INF as there are no changes from other 169.0x INFs

I agree with you.

I went thru the inf's very carefully and could not find any differences either.

It is something to do with the drivers, but no idea what at this time.

I am going back to 169.04 for now as software OC works with those and I want to play crysis now :)

So, here is to waiting until the next driver release.

D.

I get

163.69 3514

167.04 3518

167.09 3512

So + or - the same result, are you sure you have uninstalled well the previous driver?

Strange.. I'm getting 4064 at 3Dmark06 with the 169.04 drivers.. Can see my configuration on the left.. Weird :)

I'll do a bench now with these new drivers.. :)

Yes, there are small (and actualy rare) glitches with Aero - it happens as usual for Dell in 2D mode. However it isn't so disturbing as in the past.

Nah major glitches is more like it, especially upon first boot - most noticeable when minimizing and maximizing windows.

165.01 drivers are fine in comparison!

Just tried to revert back to 163.44, stuttering, glitches & choppy display seems to be gone. Will wait for new drivers & feedback of other users.

EDIT : my bad, it is not gone, though I didn't have this issue before with 163.44. Now I'm stuck with a choppy display.

Edited by PurpleSkunk

Just tried to revert back to 163.44, stuttering, glitches & choppy display seems to be gone. Will wait for new drivers & feedback of other users.

EDIT : my bad, it is not gone, though I didn't have this issue before with 163.44. Now I'm stuck with a choppy display.

A few minutes ago is was playing Call Of Duty 4, suddenly i had lines and dots on my screen i couldn't see anything any more, i reboot my G1S problem solved...

THIS DRIVER IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR Asus G1S USERS

I'm gone install the 169.04 driver again !

Guest Marjinoz
I just downloaded the drivers, anyone tested performance on these ?

Nvidia 7950 GTX for me !

hello, i have nvidia ggo 7600! is it someone who have tested that???

last time i downloaded the screen got smaller, and could not fix it! so i had to get the pc back to an earlier time of the day.

sorry for my bad english. i'm from norway! :)

I installed 169.09 and overall it seems better behaved in Hellgate:London than the Dell drivers but I get odd freezes and level change takes forever. What is a good driver to use that includes notebook SLI support?

Bob