LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I get

163.69 3514

167.04 3518

167.09 3512

So + or - the same result, are you sure you have uninstalled well the previous driver?

Made a clean install and the results went back to pretty much what they were before. Thanks for the hint :)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sgtmatt1

• Charles-0100

• EVO21

• debaucher

Read the SLI section for info on SLI drivers.

The SLI drivers are a different build with a special nForce-100 PCIe-to-PCIe driver compiled in at build-time. I think the last SLI driver built by anyone was still in the Forcware 9x.xx series.

For some reason all the 169.* drivers report the wrong temperature for my GPU, resulting in overheating, because no speed throttling is applied. The performance is really nice, but overheating ruins it all.

The 165.01 driver reports temperature correctly. Anyone know the reason why these don't?

Read the SLI section for info on SLI drivers.

The SLI drivers are a different build with a special nForce-100 PCIe-to-PCIe driver compiled in at build-time. I think the last SLI driver built by anyone was still in the Forcware 9x.xx series.

Both the Dell 156.xx series and the 169.09 support SLI. I get scores of 8300 something with 156 and 8500 something with 169.09

Bob

Well, after reading a lot of negative comments I decided to give these drivers a go on my Sony Vaio FZ21S.

And the result?

Why, these are THE BEST DRIVERS FOR MY LAPTOP so far!!

For the first time ever I can play Bioshock at 1024 x 768 with everything set on HIGH and Crysis as well with settings on MEDIUM at 1024 x 700.

Aero runs fine on them and the drivers support the laptop's sleep mode without crashes.

So overall, great performance, great stability and great compatibility.

If you have a similar laptop as mine, these are MORE THAN RECOMENDED!!

Guest RoninPedroshin

I've got a noticeable boost in Crysis from 169.04 to these (169.09) in my 7800GT SLI Win XP Pro system. No more mouse-lag. So now I'll be downloading them for my 8600M GT laptop.

playing bioshock for 2 hours , got my first driver crash , first time i got crash for 169.x driver

as with the user above, i too got a significant boost in crysis from .04 to .09

7900GTX o/c'd, all settings on high, f/rate is low and not very playable, but looks gr8! lol

cant wait till i get the HD3870!!! :)

Het guys, anyone know if this driver solves overclocking instabilities? All the previous drivers I've had report that the driver has stopped working and clock speeds will fall to the 2d level, even with the smallest of overclocks :)

FuXXX Driver. An overclocking with the 169.09 is not possible.

One step forward and one step back. Great NVidia !!!

Everything just because "Crysis". I do not understand the hype about the game. For me, "Call of Duty 4" is the First Person Shooter of the Year !

Overclocking must be possible, because not everyone can afford an expensive card !

yeah i cant oc either with 169.09 and 8600M GS. the overclock gives me a 400 point boost, wich is nice. but with these the clocks go back to normal when i press apply, either on ntune or rivatuner.

I have 8700m gt (256mb) with toshiba X200 -18h laptop

I tried 169.04 and it was fine(everything run fine except crisys), now with this(169.09) driver I can run crisys with medium and cod 4 runs better but Unreal3 runs not so good

so I think that it's depants what game you want to play.

I didn't try 169.01 yet...

im new downloaded the 16904 fine but i cant download the 16909 to save my life its not working i have bitcomet says no mirrors found i try without bitcomet and it doesn't even save it idk what to do help please

Well, looks like i wont be testing it today =(

Good luck with the modifications guys, take your time and do it right =)

So does this one actual work. As i have dial up internet and it takes about 5hrs to download 30mb. Is it any more uptop date then the once Vista downloads with it's updates.

btw i run C&C 3. Any good for this game?

Thanks everyone

overclocking *works* for me on a desktop 7900GTX. havnt tried on my GO 7400 tho...

OC doesn`t work for mine ''now'' , it works for a while before ...... it`s not working anymore lol

For some reason all the 169.* drivers report the wrong temperature for my GPU, resulting in overheating, because no speed throttling is applied. The performance is really nice, but overheating ruins it all.

The 165.01 driver reports temperature correctly. Anyone know the reason why these don't?

I have the same problem, man, and I have the 7950gtx as well. Every 169 driver sends the wrong temps from my GPU, causing my PC to crash within 10 minutes of gaming. 165.01 is a wonderful driver, except that COD4 doesn't work with it.

Sigh.

Het guys, anyone know if this driver solves overclocking instabilities? All the previous drivers I've had report that the driver has stopped working and clock speeds will fall to the 2d level, even with the smallest of overclocks :)
I have the same problem, man, and I have the 7950gtx as well. Every 169 driver sends the wrong temps from my GPU, causing my PC to crash within 10 minutes of gaming.

Agree & agree, at least in my case. Didn't tried other games, but in Crysis, the game crashes within 10 minutes, and if the card was oc'ed, vista recovers the drivers and I'm then stuck in 2D low clocks.

230 points more with 3dmark06

:)

:O what laptop are you using???