LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sgtmatt1

• Charles-0100

• EVO21

• PurpleSkunk

im using my laptop with geforce 8400m gs..

can i use this driver?

yes , you can . but you better chose 169.04 or sth , this one cant OC

Umm, everytime I try an install this is comes up with 'this driver only works on vista 32 bit, nothing else'

My vista is 32 bit, i've triple checked it and etc.

I've replaced the INF file an everything, still comes up with the same error.

Any idea why?

I just upgraded my Asus G1S with this release and I found the driver pretty stable.

Crysis works well, even if I didn't notice a great improvement on my framerate

Call of Duty 4 is also working very well, no crashes, no frame rate problems.

I never tried to OC because I fear too much to damage my new laptop, anyone tried to OC the G1S's card? How far you've gone if yes?

Anyone had problems with vista 32bit media center?? When I watch live TV everything is fine, but when I watch videos I have in my HDD, I get video stuttering regularly. Sound is OK no stutter. I noticed that I had no problems with 15x.xx drivers. Only with 16x.xx. Anyone know the cure? :)

I just upgraded my Asus G1S with this release and I found the driver pretty stable.

Crysis works well, even if I didn't notice a great improvement on my framerate

Call of Duty 4 is also working very well, no crashes, no frame rate problems.

I never tried to OC because I fear too much to damage my new laptop, anyone tried to OC the G1S's card? How far you've gone if yes?

I got an Asus G1S

I have overclocked to 606 (GPU Core) / 719 (GPU memory speed) And It's stable :)

I also got a question:

I see that there is a new modded inf, is it possible you get better performance with another .inf file (maybe with the newest inf some things are installed better or something :) )

Guest skygenetic

Recently i installed the new driver for my laptop 8600gtm 169.09 , Acer Aspire 5920G.

I Noticed that The Control Gpu Fan Option has been disabled , and i never know what my fan speed is , is there any solution to control my GPU Fan Speed ? what is the major issue that cause this matter ? can anyone please help me , please give me the solution .

good god, i had these drivers a few days ago and i uninstalled to revert back to some older ones to test some o/c. but now i cant get any driver to install on my computer.

I keep getting either an error that it cant detect any compatible hardware or that the drivers are for vista 32 bit... which i am using. so god damn annoying.

Nice, and how about the heat? It's still acceptable or the card get very hot?

The temperature never goes above 96°C (UNDER FULL LOAD)

But i advice a notebook cooler if you overclock this far...

I just noticed this driver resets my screen brightness every minute when I run my G1S on battery.

Hey guys, how do we know when the wrong temp is being sent from the GPU?

Cos Ntune, RivaTuner and ATItool all show the same temp, about 58C under load, 38C when not.

The temperature never goes above 96°C (UNDER FULL LOAD)

But i advice a notebook cooler if you overclock this far...

Its my understanding that 96C is a very dangerous temperature... Are you sure thats accurate, you should be artifcating that high and melting the plastic of your computer case....

my lappy under load runs at most 60C. and rarely gets that high usually at about 55C under load.

Okay, I want to know one thing and one thing only. Okay maybe two things.

1. Is this driver worth it to upgrade from 169.04?

2. Will I still be able to overclock?

Hey, I got ASUS G1S with 8600m GT in it, after installed 169.09 my 3dmark score went down ~100. Whats the problem? Also I'm going to try Crysis after this install, will post after trying :)

169.09 Works well for Fifa 08.

I thought i should thank laptopvideo2go.com, people who have posted messages on this forum and other forums on ways to tackle the graphic lagging and menu problems in Fifa 2008.

This is my story:

Ever since i purchased Sager 2090 which has 2.4 ghz and nvidia 8600 GT with 512 mb, i have been waiting to play fifa 08, as i am an hardcore fan of fifa 08. and have been playing fifa series since Fifa 94 came out. However i also have to agree with many people that PES 2008 is lot better than Fifa 08, in terms of style of play and game graphics. but for some reason i prefer fifa 08 due to the gameplay.

I have installed almost every Nvidia driver for Vista 32 posted on the driver section of this wesbite. 163.69 fixed the lag problems, but i ended up installing 163.75 and it messed up fifa 08 completely. I tried to install 163.75 and installed 163.69. But that still didnt slove the probelm. I even installed nvidia driver clean up, but that also didnt solve the problem. today i installed 163.09 and and it has solved the graphics probelm and menu problems in Fifa 08. If you any of you guys are trying to fix this issue try 169.09 and it might just work. I am not sure if i am lucky or not, still i urge all you Fifa 08 fans who have this problem to give it a try

169.09 Works well for Fifa 08.

I thought i should thank laptopvideo2go.com, people who have posted messages on this forum and other forums on ways to tackle the graphic lagging and menu problems in Fifa 2008.

This is my story:

Ever since i purchased Sager 2090 which has 2.4 ghz and nvidia 8600 GT with 512 mb, i have been waiting to play fifa 08, as i am an hardcore fan of fifa 08. and have been playing fifa series since Fifa 94 came out. However i also have to agree with many people that PES 2008 is lot better than Fifa 08, in terms of style of play and game graphics. but for some reason i prefer fifa 08 due to the gameplay.

I have installed almost every Nvidia driver for Vista 32 posted on the driver section of this wesbite. 163.69 fixed the lag problems, but i ended up installing 163.75 and it messed up fifa 08 completely. I tried to install 163.75 and installed 163.69. But that still didnt slove the probelm. I even installed nvidia driver clean up, but that also didnt solve the problem. today i installed 163.09 and and it has solved the graphics probelm and menu problems in Fifa 08. If you any of you guys are trying to fix this issue try 169.09 and it might just work. I am not sure if i am lucky or not, still i urge all you Fifa 08 fans who have this problem to give it a try

Guest v1s owner

hello!

ive got an asus v1s with gf 8600m gt in it

tried playing crysis with 4 different drivers now, including this one

everything works fine till after ~5min. of playing the screen turns into strange colors

and the notebook crashes completely and reboots....

is this a driver or heat problem?

hello!

ive got an asus v1s with gf 8600m gt in it

tried playing crysis with 4 different drivers now, including this one

everything works fine till after ~5min. of playing the screen turns into strange colors

and the notebook crashes completely and reboots....

is this a driver or heat problem?

Yeah I have the same problem. Also a ASUS V1S with Windows Vista Biz. and the same graphic card. With Crysis and Call of Duty 4. Perhaps other new release games. Could be drivers or temperature?

Guest chiffon

These are the best drivers. Better than 169.04 which I was happy with until I installed Crysis Retail. Laggy mouse and slow frame rates using the default optimal settings of 1024 x 768 (windowed and full screen) and all on medium. Near Unplayable at 1280 x 800 on my 8600M GT.

Installed 169.04 and had a problem uninstalling 169.04. The screen went red/black and green after I had finished rolling back the drivers to default. I think those people having problems installing 169.09 actually have a problem with 169.04, and not clean uninstalling/rolling back first.

After that small issue, I played Crysis, and it is perfectly playable on a 1024 x 768 full screen and all settings on medium. Pushing it to 1280 x 800 is playable, but not in huge firefights. Performance and image quality in other games are similar to 169.04.

I have a Acer 5920. 2.0 Core2Duo, 2gb Ram, 8600M GT 256mb.

Hey guys, how do we know when the wrong temp is being sent from the GPU?

Cos Ntune, RivaTuner and ATItool all show the same temp, about 58C under load, 38C when not.

For me ATItool reported 0 temperature with the wrong drivers or 8 degrees lower than the actual temperature. ATItool reports the same temperature as nTune.

I use i8kfangui program to read the real temperatures. It always reports the same temperature, which is 8 degrees lower than the actual one. So I adjust it in settings.

7950 GTX max temperature was 104, I think. If that is reached, the PC should shut down.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.