LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

61 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Hi all, I'm new here and I have an issue... I have a GeForce 7000m/nForce 610 and when trying to install these drivers i just get a blue screen crash and no driver installation...

and yes I followed all instructions, I'm no noob at this...

can anyone help?

much appriciated

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uncajesse

• manOwar

• Devylman

• who13

• 4 weeks later...

international files are great, Modded inf working great.

Guest Ed Hann

I am running a dell XPS GEN2 with an Nvidia GO 6800 Ultra, and this driver runs perfectly... until about thirty minutes into a game, when it overheats and restarts, does anyone know of a way around this?

Ed.

x

Guest shahfar
Haha, surprised to find so many with the same system I have :-P

Running 84.74s but trying to find optimal drivers...

on 3dmark 06 I got 5300~ marks can't remember it on 05 though

I'm trying to find a decent driver I can OC with...it's hell just trying to find the right one...ups one game, and downs like 3...sucks though

am trying to install XP drivers for Geforce 7000m (Aspire 4220)...what series of drivers should I download?

Guest Ein_MacUser

I just wanted so say that im very thankful about your posts here.

I bought Crysis yesterday and use the Forceware 169.09 with modded INF on my MacBook Pro.

(2.2GHz / 2GB / 8600m GT)

The Game runs fine on all medium, 1280x800 with mostly between 20-30 FPS.

I had a few BSOD because i didnt notice to update the BootCamp-Drivers.

It´s important to update BootCamp to Version 2.0 with the Apple Leopard-DVD.

Thank you guys. :)

I need to find a driver for my GEFORCE GO 7400 for WIN XP for my SONY VAIO VGN AR31E

Please help!

Slow down, and read some FAQs. :) They will show you how to use the files and information provided on this website.

i got a blank-black screen when installing this driver. i waited for like 5 minutes and nothing happens. so i rstart my laptop

and everything works fine. dunno what happened during the black screen. anyone have experiencing this before ??

Slow down, and read some FAQs. :) They will show you how to use the files and information provided on this website.

May be a stupid question but are the NVIDIA cards and the NVIDIA Go cards of the same number the exact same model? For example, the NVIDIA 6150 and the NVIDIA Go 6150. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Guest wierdude

hi i just wanted to know if this will work for my geforce go 7400, i cant seem to find any driver updates for it on sony website or anywhere.

my laptop model is VGN-FE21B.

im sorry if someone has posted about this somewhere i couldnt find a reference to 7400. was it a s***ty card and people just gave up on it?

May be a stupid question but are the NVIDIA cards and the NVIDIA Go cards of the same number the exact same model? For example, the NVIDIA 6150 and the NVIDIA Go 6150. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Not quite you see. The problem with comparing Desktop GPUs to Laptop GPUs is the difference in Wattage. In laptops, you only have a certain amount of power allowed to the GPU where as a desktop has a solely dedicated PSU and wads of power.

So in your case a GO 6150 is a bit slower than a normal 6150 GPU....

For example, I have a GO 7900 GS and it would be equivalent to a desktop 7800 GT or something similar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have acer aspire 5920g (GeForce 8600M GT).

Trying any drivers i have overscan on external 24" lcd viewsonic vm2435wm (win XP, hdmi-hdmi cable, native resolution 1920x1200x60).

I find that inf enhancer can fix it on Dell 2405FPW.

Can you help to fix this bug on my lcd?

I'm using the driver for Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 for my Sony C25G for Vista. The problem i'm facing is that the brightness goes low everytime the laptop resumes from hibernation. I'm facing this problem in all 165.** onwards drivers.

Any solution to this problem.

Works fine till 165.01 but that leaves out OpenGL and "Medal of honor Allied assault" doesnt work then.

I got Asus A8Js, with nVIDIA 7700 Go, tried two times to install this update. First one, didn't uninstall previous drivers and after installation got 4byte-depth only with lowest res (640x480) - after uninstalling drivers completely & installing 16909 again, it worked without any problems.

Just checked, OpenGL info read from driver is:

OpenGL Version :: 2.1.2

OpenGL Shading Language :: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

OpenGL Vendor :: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer :: GeForce Go 7700/PCI/SSE2

Max Viewport Size :: 4096 x 4096

Max Lights :: 8

Max Modelview Stack Depth :: 32

Max Projection Stack Depth :: 4

Max Texture Stack Depth :: 10

Max Mapping Channels :: 8

Max Texture Units in Fixed Pipeline :: 4

Max Texture Size :: 4096

Max Texture Units in Fragment Shader :: 16

Max Varying Floats in Fragment Shader :: 32

Max Vertex Attributes :: 16

Max Texture Units in Vertex Shader :: 4

Max Uniform Variables in Shader Program :: 1024

Yeeeha! :-)

hi,

something is wrong with this v169.09 driver, it just won't install. :) tried to install with both "have disk" and also "setup exe" and both crashed toward the end of installation with BSOD then restarted itself :)

i have a compaq F730US with geforce go 6100 with craptastic vista and there're no xp drivers from compaq/HP :P and when i contacted tech support talked to some b**** from india she's like saying "install xp is consider to be downgrading and they don't support xp for my laptop" blah blah blah and hung up on me :P

but after some research i did manage to find install all the driver, as for video driver, the older and newest nvidia v169.21 drivers works and install ok with "have disk", but has a noticeable bug that when "turning off monitor" after xx minutes, the laptop is still on BUT the display just won't wake up and has to do a "instant shut off". so to get around that bug i set "turning off monitor" to "never". another thing with nvidia drivers is that there's only selection for "geforce 6100" and no selection for "geforce go 6100".

do you guys think its ok or does it really matters that its installing "geforce 6100" instead of "geforce go 6100"??? when the powermizer is set to "max battery life"???

the only drivers that detects and works properly is the OEM v86.02 drivers with GPU temperture and battery meters etc and also the display wakes up properly. BUT that drivers is like from july 2006.

btw, are you guys planning on modding the INF for the newest v169.21 drivers?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have a dell XPS M1710 with an nvidia Geforce GO 7900 GTX and i can't seem to open up the nvidia control panel... every time i try to open it i get an error

Same here, error when I try to access to NVidia control panel on my Dell e1705 w/ Go 7900GS.

Got a Dell M1710 with G7950GTX, with this driver (als well as the .04) my computer overheats after a few minutes, also can´t access the Control panel, tried the tip with deleting soem of the library describes earlier, but didn´t work.