LaptopVideo2Go Forums

helps! 8600m gt malfunction after overclocking

Edwin

hi i hope you can help me

yesterday i overclocked my dell 1520 with ati tools, 169.04 drivers and 600|460 in core|memory overclocking, i was playing crysis, then the game freeze the gpu temperature was in 82 c, i rapidly turn off my lap and then turn on again, i didnot play again.

today i put crysis and gets freeze, i turn down all settings to low and a resolution from 1280*800 to 800*600 and gets freeze over and over, i turn on the ati tools and i see that the core and the memory are in 170|100 y put the default setting (475|400) but nothings happen the gpu keeps 170|100, i reinstalled the drivers and reinstall the 169.01 drivers too but nothing happen, i dont know what to do, please help me, im desesperate

sarry about my porr english

thanks

i know its a long shot but what about system restore?

i know its a long shot but what about system restore?

i dont know if can works, cos i uninstalled windows vista and installed windows xp and i erase and format the entired hard disc, if i cant find a solution im gonna reinstall windows xp, but you think that is a problem of software? or my gpu get sucks and i need to shoot my head off, believe me im wanna cry =( . i have 16 days with my lap.

16 days good thing for warrenties. Reformat and try again

theres a way to dell to know that i overclocked my notebook in a log or something? cos somebody tolds me that overclocking brokes the warrantie,

Its a driver malfunction, you've overclocked too much. It reverts to a safety level until u restart.

Knock the overclock down a bit