LaptopVideo2Go Forums

The Noob question - Overclock Acer 5920G

Guest Marino

Well, I ask for help :)

I have tried everything I could to overclock the video card of this laptop (Acer 5920G), but nothing.

Step by step, list of the thing I have done so far:

- Fresh install of windows vista (home premium)

- Windows Update

- Install of modded drivers nvidia 169.04 from this website.

Tried to download and install RivaTuner 2.06. After moving the sliders and applying the new value, position of the slider reset to stock value - No overclock possible.

Downloaded AtiTool. After moving the sliders and specify the new value, the button for applying clock remains gray, and OC is not possible.

NTune: I installed this tool , but the overclock is still not possible. Basically if I move the sliders and press ok, they reset to the stock value.

I have tried with a lot of older drivers, too, but nothing.

Any idea/help/suggestions?

Well, I ask for help :)

I have tried everything I could to overclock the video card of this laptop (Acer 5920G), but nothing.

Step by step, list of the thing I have done so far:

- Fresh install of windows vista (home premium)

- Windows Update

- Install of modded drivers nvidia 169.04 from this website.

Tried to download and install RivaTuner 2.06. After moving the sliders and applying the new value, position of the slider reset to stock value - No overclock possible.

Downloaded AtiTool. After moving the sliders and specify the new value, the button for applying clock remains gray, and OC is not possible.

NTune: I installed this tool , but the overclock is still not possible. Basically if I move the sliders and press ok, they reset to the stock value.

I have tried with a lot of older drivers, too, but nothing.

Any idea/help/suggestions?

is it a computor like mine???? because i have no problem what so ever to OC.. i just use n-tune and riva tuner. 4475 p in 3d mark 06. ive tried 16901 and 16904 without any problems. this site www.guru3d.com. they had alot of intresting stuff. :)

Guest Vaizard

With Rivatuner 2.06, did you turn on the feature: apply overclocking at windows startup?

Overclocking works for me, with overclocking and the 169.04 driver I had a score of 5.3 in vista for graphics thingy where i used to have 4.6 :)

With Rivatuner 2.06, did you turn on the feature: apply overclocking at windows startup?

Overclocking works for me, with overclocking and the 169.04 driver I had a score of 5.3 in vista for graphics thingy where i used to have 4.6 :)

That's the problem, riva tuner does not allow me on the fly mod, and everytime I press on apply, the sliders go back in their original position. Plus, the value for standard clocks are completely non exact.