LaptopVideo2Go Forums

gears of war problem

simonc

Hi, ive got a sony vivo (PCG-8Y3M) basically ive bought gears of war for it.

When i put the game on it told me to update the graphics card on nvidas website, which in turn redirected me to sonys website to get the update.

When i input my serial code on sonys website to detect my laptop it appears as a different model number (VGN) and doesnt have any graphics updates available for this model.

i looked around a bit and found the update on laptopvideo2go.com and downloaded the vista 32bit update for my graphics card (nvida 8400m GT)

in .inf format and followed the instructions but to no sucess, with it not detecting the update when i install via the control panel and update the driver manually (linking it to the desktop with the update saved in .inf)

When i try and install the update it always says its "not compatible with my current configuration settings" or "it is for vista 32 bit" so it wont install, even though i have the 32 bit one and have even tried 64 bit.

ive downloaded this update about 100 times now and it always has an error when it installs.

anyone have any ideas what i could do to solve this? i heard something about vista has a graphics lock to manually stop updates?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)