LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sorry about this, but im sick of searching for 8600m gt drivers

CaptainHowdy

I know its pinned to be forbidden, but I NEED to know what the best modded drivers are for a Macbook Pro 8600m Gt gt are. I searched and searched and tried several drivers, but none seem to work fine. I love the drivers that come with 1.4 of bootcamp, but they just dont hold up enough to modern games like Crysis. I am running Windows XP 32 bit from boot camp.

So I ask anyone who knows, what are the best current modded drivers out there?

Edited by CaptainHowdy

If your running Crysis have you tried 169.01, 169.04, and 169.09?

Guys I am on an Asus g1s with the 8600m gt trying to install ANY of the forceware with the modded INF but i still get the error message about hardware not supported... this is trying to install the driver for xp 32

Edited by Rcom

• 4 weeks later...

So far 169.04 works best for me on my 2.4Ghz Macbook Pro with the 256mb 8600m GT

Got 4140 benchmark with 3Dmark06.

Tried 169.09 but the benchmark dropped to the mid 3000 mark ( sorry, when I saw the result I closed and went straight to do a rollback without writing it down :) )

If anyone beats that then let me know as I'd like that driver :)

Guys I am on an Asus g1s with the 8600m gt trying to install ANY of the forceware with the modded INF but i still get the error message about hardware not supported... this is trying to install the driver for xp 32

I have pretty much the same model but vista. Are you copying the modded inf into the extracted files? (before you install) Sorry if you have done this.

All the drivers I have downloaded work fine here.