LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Transformers is out

mobilenvidia

Something a little different.

I watch very few DVD's, normally spend my time here or finding things for here (as now I suppose)

But have just finished watching this movie, and WOW.

If you like special effects done REALLY well, this is for you, BUY the DVD !!

Not often I am impressed with movies enough to write about them (last was LOTR)

This I would have loved to have seen on the bg screen.

The movie is for boys who like big guns and big explosions or me believable special effects.

Girls are not going to be too impressed as there is no Mr Darcy.

Story line is even not to bad either, way better than Independance Day to which it resembes somewhat.

The movie does get a little naf in places mostly at the beginning but then it gets better.

It has a few humorous moments in it, that made me giggle.

Having been to the places it was shot in (Nevada) was a bonus as well.

Overall I give it a 8/10.

Right it's now bed time, greetings from MobilenVidious, INF transformer :)

I really liked that movie as well. Watched countless times!

This film was really great and the Transformers look very great.

But now is not Bed time (in Austria). I stood up 40minutes ago^^

Edited by Gorr

Gotta say, Transformers is one of the stupidest films I've ever seen. It sucked more arse than I thought was humanly possible. 'A few naf' moments doesn't do it justice.

I wasn't bothered about them taking liberties with the Transformers storyline and robot design, I'm not a Transformers fanatic or anything, I just thought it was really awful. Script was dreadful, acting was horrible, the kid was literally the most annoying person in the history of the universe and it's all topped off by Michael Bay's s***ty directing style (he seems to have last watched a movie circa 1987 and is working on the assumption that nothing has changed and that corny dialogue and cheesy rock soundtracks are still acceptable).

Worst moment?

Annoying kid to hot girl who can't act: "50 years from now, when you look back at your life, don't you want to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

*blaring 80s style hair-rock plays in background*

I actually had to switch it off... not often that I do that.

It's not meant to be a well written movie, it's about transformers kicking butt not kissing them :)

I would if they released it on Blu Ray.

To bad, cause blu ray > HDDVD. dont even try to argue that.

eventually tho everything will be on bdvd just a matter of time.

The movie was..ok, but this business of Hollywood murdering the originals has got to stop. No Shockwave, no Soundwave? Starscream didn't sound anything close to correct. Oh, and none of the vehicle designs were right, either. It would have been a much stronger movie with the entire original lineup of characters, and sticking to the storyline. Special effects were nice, but a big SFX budget and throwing Shia LaBeouf into the lead doesn't make a great movie, although apparently Hollywood thinks it does. I suppose for anyone who's first exposure to Transformers is this movie, they won't notice any of this. The best part of the movie? Peter Cullen reprising his role as the voice of Optimus Prime.

Great movie and like Pirates the already went ahead and mode plans for 2 more.

To me it doesn't matter it came out on HD-DVD (<BD), cause I'm just waiting for second gen BluRay/HD-DVD players to come down in price or getting a dual format ROM.