LaptopVideo2Go Forums

169.xx drivers and Geforce Go 7950gtx

Guest Bill

It seems that any and all of the 169.xx drivers are sending the wrong temperature information from the 7950 gpu. I, along with some other 7950 GTX owners have been experiencing this, and it is causing our CPUs to crash within 5-10 minutes of gaming, all while our GPUs have not overheated in the slightest.

Aside from this, these are wonderful drivers. Is there any way to fix this or are we (7950 owners) stuck using slightly older drivers for now? I'd be happy to keep using 165.01 if it worked with COD4 :)

Speaking of that, when I had the 165.01 driver installed, COD4 would crash, citing a "direct3ddevice9P:: pressent failed n/a" error. Alas, merely changing the driver fixed this, but what was the cause of this? I really wanted to be able to use 165.01 with all my games. :)

Anyway, thanks in advance.