LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blue Screens in TimeShift

krepitas

I have windows xp media center, with an nvidia 7300 (256 turbo cache) and 2G of ram...

The game instals correctly, but when it´s loading to play, the pc craches, bleu sceen with "error ..." and the pc restarts...

WHY?????? can anybody help me?

I had the same problem with the Timeshift demo. When I maxed out the settings it would blue screen when updating the shaders. The dll causing the error was nv4_disp.dll. I updated my drivers to v169.04 and that sorted the problem. If you already have the latest drivers installed try reducing the video settings. When I went with the default settings it didn't blue screen - it only did when I maxed them out!

I have TimeShift on order and is should arrive in the this week. I'll update this post when I have installed it.

Thanks, i'm gona try, update and reduce video setings...

I've installed Timeshift and run the 1.2 patch on my mALX. I am using v169.04 drivers and have maxed out all the settings - runs without any problems. Hope it worked for you!

Great opening sequence!

I´ve installed the most recent drivers v169.09, works great, minimal video setings (go 7300), but it´s still great to play...

So far i´m loving the game... great bakcground... love the time slowing downd :)

• 6 months later...
Guest jdmlude

hey i have the windows XP media center edition with 2GB of ram and the geforce go 7600 and i'm getting the blue screen i've tried to download the latest version onto my computer but it keeps saying that its not compatable with my computer. I've tried it numerous times from the hp website which i have, and the windows website and they still don't work. any ideas of what it could be or know which version i should use?? thanks

OK jdmlude, you're going to have to invest a bit more of your time here and give us a bit more to go on.

-> When and under what circumstances are you getting those 'Blue Screens'?

-> What is saying (the downloaded driver?) is not compatible with your computer?

Try removing the old drivers as described in our FAQs, and try perhaps the 169.04 that krepitas seems to have working. Don't forget of course to also download the modded INF, and use it to replace the standard INF from the driver package!

P.S.: Please avoid DOUBLE POSTS!