LaptopVideo2Go Forums

problem video compression with 8700m gt

haarlinsh

hi

i have a toshiba satellite x200 and i use your modified driver so i can run on windows xp. My problem is when a use a webcam (the one on this laptop or another one ) , the video show some corrupted item like a kind of swarming. When i boot on vista (i've dual boot) there is no problem the video is fine. I guess there is some kind of problem with the wdm driver or something like that

normaly when i use a simple program like basiccapture (u can find it there http://www.abstractplane.com/vdig/20061017...and_install.zip ) i can change the video compression from the capturing media but now when i try to change it the program simply crach. Or with quicktime pro when i try to export video and change the video settings , It also crach and close the without any error msg. I think there is some problem with something related to video compression. I think the 8700m gt has a special video compression chip for HD and maybe that it conflict with windows ?

i can't try with official driver because nvidia didn't have driver for the 8700m gt for xp so toshiba can't arrange them for the laptop.

If u have any idea ?