LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVDIA GO 7300 Game Problems

bdblas

Need Help!

I am a newby here in nVision and have no background whatsoever on driver updating,etc.

I recently bought an Acer 5583 32-bit Vista Home Premium laptop

Video Card is NVDIA GEFORCE GO 7300 with 1GB RAM

Tried installing several games but encountered several errors below:

1. Hellgate London: need to update driver

2. Need for Speed ProStreet: very choppy and slow gameplay even at low display settings

Need help comments on how to run these games!

Also can I run, Gears of War PC in my laptop without updating the pre-installed drivers?

So far Call of Duty 4 played smoothly with good to excellent graphics display!

Hope you can help! :)

First of all u should propably go XP, I think that gf7300 isn't compatible with Vista, my gf7400 isn't anyways and it caused some problems. Second thing is that 7300 isn't very good with performance I bet so u cant expect very high fps with newest games, but they should work tho. Try out 169.04 etc drivers, they are working fine with mine laptop. And remember to disable powermizer cuz my FPS's went down cuz of that and I was like wtf :) Hope this helps.

OK i'm just thinking here. Since your running vista that means your OS is probably trying to run direct X 10. That graphics card is probably not meant for that. Try running the game in direct X 9. :)

I have the same graphics card, on a laptop with vista 32bit .

so heres what you do...

download this driver/forceware.

Then self-extract it into its own folder (on your desktop for example)

Then download this modded inf file replace the inf file inside the folder with it.

Then follow this simple guide to install correctly!

Have a nice day!

p.s.

Also afterwards be sure to right click desktop click on NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL and spend some time playing with controls configuring it to run better on your machine. Put it on balanced or performance ( I recommend balanced, but if game is very new/high end put it on performance) Balanced is fine for half life, ut2004, far cry e.t.c..

^_^

Edited by lexybot

Also Ge force GO 7300 runs vista really well, 100% compatible and has been since early beta editions( I helped test it and the vista RC's with my laptop so I'd know). So Ignore the Direct X stuff (No offense intended, just saying it as it is).

But if your running games you will want to switch the visual settings from the AERO skin to Vista Basic

or better yet put it Classic mode and change windows performance settings to best performance.

Since installing these drivers/forceware and changing to windows classic my laptop has been so fast (Faster than it was on XP PRO or when I used UBUNTU!)

Also Try experimenting with the in game resolutions for Gears of War, or whatever games your playing. I always have my ut2004 set to 800x600 as it runs much faster and smoothly. (Although on some laptops they put borders round the edge of game in this resolution, mine stretches the picture to fit neatly)

I have been able to play on my laptop the Unreal Tournament 3 Demo on its lowest settings

(Looks a bit cr@ppy, but is playable lol it shouldn't be able to run on my laptop)

Before installing the above mentioned forceware and inf file the UT3-Demo said the same error message about drivers e.t.c.

If you have any troubles just reply in this thread :0)

God bless

-lexy

P.S. The tweaking tools found in the nvidia control panel should fix everything for your games, plus they have some game presets for a lot of the most popular games.

But generally I recommend just using the simple slider and picking Balanced,

Or for really new games like UT3 which went on sale about 48hours ago set it to performance mode (it will degrade smoothness of graphics in this mode to speed up game play).

Edited by lexybot

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same graphics card, on a laptop with vista 32bit .

so heres what you do...

download this driver/forceware.

Then self-extract it into its own folder (on your desktop for example)

Then download this modded inf file replace the inf file inside the folder with it.

Then follow this simple guide to install correctly!

Have a nice day!

p.s.

Also afterwards be sure to right click desktop click on NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL and spend some time playing with controls configuring it to run better on your machine. Put it on balanced or performance ( I recommend balanced, but if game is very new/high end put it on performance) Balanced is fine for half life, ut2004, far cry e.t.c..

^_^

Hello, i followed this instructions but since i've installed the Drives i don't have an nVidia Control Panel anymore=?!

• 1 month later...
Guest kenneth

Had to reply and say THANKS! mostly to laptopvideo2go, but also to you in this thread!

I am also running g0 7300, and after this installation, (and the balanced option.. thanks for that lexybot :) ) The laptop went to "another dimention" yeah well i know it probably did not.. but it certainly feels that way!

No all of you go to sleep tonight, knowing you made a noobs life a bit better :)

im running a laptop with a go 7300 just installed xp. i hated vista so now im gonna try this video driver you recomend. hope its decent.

Hello, i followed this instructions but since i've installed the Drives i don't have an nVidia Control Panel anymore=?!

ı have the same problem too. And also if ı open a game, game crashs and ı see bluescreen which tells me nv4.inf file has problem.

Thus, ı roll back my previous driver but ı wonder that problem's solution?

HI..I used gforce go 7300.i installed pes 2008 but the game was very slow even at the medium display setting.and i'm new in this field.so can anyonehelp me to increase the performance?tq

hi i'm new here and i hope u guys can help me. i bought gears of war for PC and my graphic card is 7300..i tried installing drivers but a pop up says that the nividia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.stup will now exit. i installed the right driver but i can seem to install it..can some1 help me pls

hi i'm new here and i hope u guys can help me. i bought gears of war for PC and my graphic card is 7300..i tried installing drivers but a pop up says that the nividia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.stup will now exit. i installed the right driver but i can seem to install it..can some1 help me pls

Look for the "Have Disk" method on this site and make sure you have the modded inf file. I have the same card and had the same problem.

So far Call of Duty 4 played smoothly with good to excellent graphics display!

Hope you can help! :)

Hi, I'm new here too. I have a Toshiba Satellite with the same card. Your CoD4 is really running well even though the other games aren't? I've been wanting to try it, but I've been doubtful as to how it would perform with my system.

Edited by lurpygeek