LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.45 Windows Vista 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guest SweetBeef
Hi great site :)

i have just got :-

ROCK XTREME 770

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz,4MB Cache, 800MHz

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 Go GTX 512MB

Windows Vista Home Premium

2GB DDR2 667MHz

Are these the best drivers to try and do i need a modded .ini file?

Hi, I've got a Rock Xtreme 770 with the T7300 2.0Ghz CPU and 8700M graphics card but otherwise the same as your system. I've just upgraded to these drivers from the 169.04s and have noticed a significant improvement, especially in UT3 as I can now run in native resolution (1680x1050) with all graphics settings maxed. I would definitely reccomend these drivers, and if they don't help you can always roll back to the previous ones.

Oh, and you do need the modded .inf otherwise the drivers will not install. Just replace the .inf that comes with the drivers with the modded one before installing and you should be fine.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryHook

• apiXx

• mobilenvidia

• jax1492

I use this driver for my DELL Inspiron 1720 and it runs great. Best driver for me, tested it wie PES2008 and Call of Duty 4. Stable and more fps than other drivers which i tested in the last weeks.

nope, mine stays between 40 and 50, goes to 60 when i've been gaming a while,

i have a problem with temp on the 169.21 + drivers with temp, but they still only get up to 70

Hi all, Still cant run Gears of war, I have installed this driver (167.43), and now having problems with Lost Planet. Half Life 2 seems ok.

Just bought my Dell XPS M1730, running Vista, Dual video card SLI with 4 GB ram, Dual Core 2 extreme, sad that Dell cant improve the drivers situation...

Spent close to $6000 on this laptop and cant play the new games? what!!?? any ideas??

Guest EmperorMikey
Where can I get 169.28 for Vista 32??? Can't find them anywhere.. :-( But I heard they're the best for 8600m GT!! :)

You can get them here I believe http://www.gamershell.com/download_22750.shtml they're 30 something Meg, so I'm gonna try them now since I have an 8600m GT too.

But the 167.45s seem to work great for me on an Inspiron 1520, 2ghz dual core, 2g ram, 8600m gt. Crysis seems to run a tad smoother (I gained a frame or two on the GPU benchmark, which isn't to be sniffed at, every little helps after all) and COD4 basically runs fantastically with most of the bells and whistles on (minus AA of course, just to keep things running smoothly).

how do i download this? where's the link?

i have COD4, Crysis and Medal of Honor Airborne but they all tell me that my drivers aren't supported.... *cry*

I have a Toshiba Sattelite Laptop (Multimedia)

Guest Anthony

With XPS M1710 and GEFORCE GO 7950 GTX, COD4 runs very well withe those drivers.

If the game tell you it doesn't support those drivers and runs you configure manually the game, OBLIVION don't support my card and it runs in all high settings !!!

Owning an M1730(dual 8700M GT, hoping Dell can upgrade mine 2 dual 8800 GTX :) ), This driver works fine, i realize it controls the heat quite well(no idea why, mayb coz itz a lappy driver) but when i play Bioshock, i gt a huge reduction in Bioshock, 30-40 fps in SLi, oc my card till 725/1600/925, core/shader/mem repeccrively compared 2 the 171.16. i got like 40-60 fps, max is 70 in some scenes, with same OC and config :P . 171.16 however, kicked up heat quite fast for e 1st time i installed, nearly came 2 fryin pans in my heatsink :) . After that i tried other drivers then bak 2 it, it works fine and idle temp, surfin temp of GPU is 61, or ard that(cant say when itz loaded, 70+ T_T)

I have noticed the driver download link is down or it just me? thanks

Yes, the driver download link is down!!

Driver link is back up, looks like you should get it now before they change servers.

tried these drivers yesterday on my dell --> after reboot bluescreen :-(

does anybody know whats the problem or why this happens!? may suggestions which drivers to use instead?

my system:

Dell Inspiron 9400

Win Vista Business, 32bit

Intel Centrino Dual, 2GB-Ram

Geforce Go 7900 GS

tried these drivers yesterday on my dell --> after reboot bluescreen :-(

does anybody know whats the problem or why this happens!? may suggestions which drivers to use instead?

my system:

Dell Inspiron 9400

Win Vista Business, 32bit

Intel Centrino Dual, 2GB-Ram

Geforce Go 7900 GS

You may want to try older drivers like the 163.xx, I guess I was lucky that my 8600m gt worked with these 1st try and haven't had any problems since.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Knight Hammer

Overall its a great driver, im on a M1710 with Geforce Go 7950 GTX, however on Sins of a SOlar EMpire (great game btw) i was getting drivers crashing steaily every 20 mins......

so another solutions is this if you want

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Forceware-173....nload-1846.html

i found that it fixed the crash issues,a nd seems to run with slightly better performance with some games.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I own a xps M1730 with 2 8700M GT cards running 32bit Vista, I am kinda new to this and just want to know what is the best way to upgrade drivers, and what drivers do you guys recomend.

Am currently on 169.09, but no time to play games :)

I tried o install this driver, but vista is saying that it is not compatable? I know this is the driver i need, how do I get a new inf, or is there some trick to getting it to work?

Guest BoilingOil

I have a Dell XPS M1730 with the Ageia PhysX card and Dual Nvidia 8700M GT's (I want the 88's I'll buy em if i can upgrade myself and keep my warranty)

4GB corsair RAM

I'm currently Using 169.09 and things run pretty good. Gears Of War pauses intermittently but for the most part it runs smooth 60fps@1280x720. Unreal Tournament 3 with the same settings runs okay, but still the intermittent pauses is a lil bit annoying, but not unplayable.

I've been reading that some people say they are having problems with these drivers, as well as the 169.09 drivers.

I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES WITH 169.09 OR THE ORIGINAL DRIVERS.

I'm downloading 167.45 now and i'll report if i experience any issues or not.

Guest BoilingOil
I have a Dell XPS M1730 with the Ageia PhysX card and Dual Nvidia 8700M GT's (I want the 88's I'll buy em if i can upgrade myself and keep my warranty)

4GB corsair RAM

I'm currently Using 169.09 and things run pretty good. Gears Of War pauses intermittently but for the most part it runs smooth 60fps@1280x720. Unreal Tournament 3 with the same settings runs okay, but still the intermittent pauses is a lil bit annoying, but not unplayable.

I've been reading that some people say they are having problems with these drivers, as well as the 169.09 drivers.

I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES WITH 169.09 OR THE ORIGINAL DRIVERS.

I'm downloading 167.45 now and i'll report if i experience any issues or not.

Installed 167.45 Drivers on my XPS M1730. I forgot to say I have the 2.4 processor by the way.

I have experienced a performance boost. I was able to turn the texture quality up to 3 in UT3 and maintain a smooth 60FPS@1280x720.

I can max out the settings in Gears of War@1280x720 and keep 60FPS. I get 25-30FPS@1920x1600 with max settings.

UT3 still experiences the slight intermittent pauses, this has been reduced greatly in GoW, if not dissappeared.

I hope you guys that have this machine can get them to work somehow, they have improved my experience with this machine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Has no1 with a HP notebook tried this? Or is that a stupid/irrelevant question.

Because I really need a new driver for my 8600M GS (512Mb), it runs like crap.

So after all the praise I heard from this I'd like to give it a go..

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jack

I just installed this driver on my Thinkpad T61, hoping to fix the problem of "the display driver has stopped responding" that occurred with the stock drivers, and while it is better, the problem is not completely fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Note: my computer is pretty hot right now, could that be either a cause or effect of this problem?

Guest Shan

Hi guys!

I´ve a problem! I don´t know which driver is the right one for me!

My computer:

Toshiba Satego P100

Intel core 2 cpu T5500 1.66 and 1.67 GHz

Graphiccard: Nvidia 7900 GS

I need the latest driver for this Graphic card. I am a huge fan of Pro Evolution Soccer (2008)! But i can´t play this cause of some disturbenses.

Please helb guys!

Bye and thx