LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.45 Windows Vista 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryHook

• apiXx

• whitetigerx7

• jax1492

So you can't oc with these drivers?

Guest ifionlyknewwhy
Has no1 with a HP notebook tried this? Or is that a stupid/irrelevant question.

Because I really need a new driver for my 8600M GS (512Mb), it runs like crap.

So after all the praise I heard from this I'd like to give it a go..

I have a HP pavillion 9030ae notebook and have these installed on my machine I do have a slightly older graphics than you a Nvidia go 7600 256mb however on my one they do seem to work well with only the occasional glitch.

OK, I need help.

I have Dell XPS M170 with Go 7800 GTX, 2GB RAM, 100GB IDE 7200 Hard Drive. The OS is Vista Ultimate 32bit. I know it's a bit old but its still capable of running Vista, although not fully support by Dell. I upgraded my DVD-ROM to a Blu-Ray ROM (Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500A ATA Device). CyberLink PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra

I installed this driver (cleaned out any old ones) with Have Disk method but with original INF file.

Upon playback of any blu-ray movie I get extreme choppiness. Playback of DVDs is almost normal but very slight choppiness every once a while.

I also get an error when burning an image to a CD using Nero: "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and successfully recovered", The screen blanks (black) out and recovers severals times during the process.

I defrag my drive constantly to see if this helps but no. I thought of getting a bigger hard drive (250GB but would be IDE 5400 RPM as opposed to my 100GB 7200 RPM) so I don't know if this would make a difference?

Any ideas, what driver should I be using?

Thanks in advance for your help guys,

Luis

Edited by SciFer

Will this work with my Toshiba Satalite P100-ST9612 with a nVidia GeForce Go 7900 GTX?

• 3 months later...

I tried this driver and modded inf with a Dell Inspiron 8600. During the install the display started flashing. After reboot the OS had disabled the GeForce Fx go 5200 because it returned an error code of 43. I rolled back to the previous driver and recovered just fine.

Can this be fixed or do I need a different driver? This is the second driver (176.53 was first) I've tried and got the same results with both. Maybe my installation procedure is not right?

My OS is Vista SP1.