LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems installing Geforce 3

BAC

First off, thank you for reading, & hopefully someone can help. I searched, but no threads seemed to answer my questions.

I recently installed a Geforce 3 TI 200 card. Upon trying to install the appropriate driver I have had nothing but headaches.

INFO-

Dell 4500

Intel Pen 4

Win XP Home

The only problem I had initially was choppy scrolling etc. But after trying to install the correct driver, I seem to be stuck with 4-bit color. I used the driver & modded INF file listed here.

In device manager, my card IS listed as the Nvidia geforce 3, so I assume installation was "correct". I only disabled my previous video card in device manager thinking that would work.

Maybe thats a problem? Me thinks this is a "small" problem that could be easily fixed, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I have not given ALL of the info you need for a good idea, so ask away,...