LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.12 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Hi Pieter,

The inf is getting saved with improper formatting (i.e. no line returns and such).

If I convert the file to Windows format with Notepad++, everything installs fine.

Format > Convert to Windows Format

Save

As mentioned earlier, it seems to be getting downloaded and saved to as Unix format by default (Probably due to the OS the server is running).

Hope this helps you track down the issue,

Josh

Ah, I see now.

File was getting saved as ANSI

My text editors and even ZTREE didn't show me the lack of line returns until I opened it with Notepad.

I've just resaved the file with default formatting and uploaded it.

Now the INF should work just fine.

Did think it odd as the INF was identical to 64bit version minus the 64bit stuff.

Cheers Josh, you've saved me installing Vista x86 :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mattdavis90

• mobilenvidia

• Batumulia

• Barvazon

Seems to be downloading just fine now :) Great job on the quick fix!

Glad to help,

Josh

Hi there!

I've installed these new 169.12 drivers!

After that, I runned 2 tests of 3DMark06 and the score was more or less the same (it lowered ~5 points) as in 169.04 and 169.09!

But I've noticed that when running 3DMark06, the FPS on each test were constantly changing wich I believe it didn't happen in the previous driver version I mentioned!

Could this be a sign of driver instability?

Please advise me if you can!

Thanks for the help!

Hi again,

Glad the inf is now working for everyone. I have tested performance on my system using Crysis as a benchmark and as far as I can tell there is now performance difference at all when compared to the 169.09 drivers. Can I just ask, is there anyone with a similar spec machine to mine that can run Crysis on anything but all low settings?

Thanx in advance

I am using the Acer Aspire 5920G

Core 2 Duo - T7300

Geforce 8600M GT

2GB RAM - 667Mhz

Is this driver any bttr than the one tht is offered on the Acer website or the oen tth coem built in..?

I've got +~100 on 3dmark on my G1s with this drivers, gonna check it out with crysis and UT3 :)

Only for Vista...

Download CryRenderD3D10, replace with original, play the Crysis in all high and feel the difference

I'm using the newest driver of toshiba (7.15.11.5664), I think it similar to 169.09. anyway after I replaced the CryRenderD3D10 file with your file the game (crysis demo) doesn't load at all.

I'm using the newest driver of toshiba (7.15.11.5664), I think it similar to 169.09. anyway after I replaced the CryRenderD3D10 file with your file the game (crysis demo) doesn't load at all.

same problem here too , after loading the file i downloaded from here , the game doesnt run at all ... can i have the original crysis file ?

Anyone found a 160x series driver that works with TV output please ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

same problem here too , after loading the file i downloaded from here , the game doesnt run at all ... can i have the original crysis file ?

I can send it to you if you want.

my messenger: dvirtwito@gmail.com

yes please , can you send it to me ,

pakistan.geforce@googlemail.com

You are not available (I think that this address is incorrect) so when you'll be there I'll send it to you.

Edited by Barvazon

I am using the Acer Aspire 5920G

Core 2 Duo - T7300

Geforce 8600M GT

2GB RAM - 667Mhz

Is this driver any bttr than the one tht is offered on the Acer website or the oen tth coem built in..?

Yes this driver works a lot better than the ones shipped with the system or on Acer's website. Saying that frame rates are still not what I would expect from this level of card, it plays Crysis at about the same fps as my desktop which is running;

Pentium 4 - 3.0Ghz

GeForce 6200A

1Gb DDR

Ow well, at least it's more portable than the desktop! lol and it renders my 3D cad models a hell of a lot faster!!

Thanks 'YAGO' for the crysis fix it has boosted my frames a lot, am now getting the same fps I had on low graphics on medium!! YAY!! Thank You so much.

Thanks 'YAGO' for the crysis fix it has boosted my frames a lot, am now getting the same fps I had on low graphics on medium!! YAY!! Thank You so much.

You are playing crysis demo or the full game ?

You are not available (I think that this address is incorrect) so when you'll be there I'll send it to you.

can you send it to me on mqadir786@yahoo.com , please , thankyou , :)

This file was not for the DEMO.

And I have just knew that this file is renamed 9 render, not 10... I am sorry... I did not know myself...

169.12 seems to have fix some BSOD I was having in Vista. Not 100% sure though, ultimate test reinstalling SP1 RC again seeing if 169.09 was the problem and not the express card which I thought it was.

I can still OC with RivaTuner.

You are playing crysis demo or the full game ?

I am playing full game under dx10. Hope that helps.

BTW is there any reason that sandbox would start running in dx9 only mode?

Hi,

I just wondered. I couldn't find 8600M GT in the supported video card list, and the question is does it support it? And is this driver good for this card? I have been looking for ages for a reasonable driver for my 8600M GT.

Yours faithfully

weirdo

Guest Bullfrog
Hi again,

Glad the inf is now working for everyone. I have tested performance on my system using Crysis as a benchmark and as far as I can tell there is now performance difference at all when compared to the 169.09 drivers. Can I just ask, is there anyone with a similar spec machine to mine that can run Crysis on anything but all low settings?

Thanx in advance

I have the exact same laptop, except my videocard has got 512 mb ram( i saw yours only had 256). My processor is Intel Core duo 2 T7500 2,2ghz. And i run crysis on low mostly, but a couple of options put on medium to make it look a bit more interesting, but it does indeed make it run a bit slower. Actually i'm quite disapointed with this laptop's performance in crysis, it's actually quite good in Call of Duty 4

Guest Bullfrog
I have the exact same laptop, except my videocard has got 512 mb ram( i saw yours only had 256). My processor is Intel Core duo 2 T7500 2,2ghz. And i run crysis on low mostly, but a couple of options put on medium to make it look a bit more interesting, but it does indeed make it run a bit slower. Actually i'm quite disapointed with this laptop's performance in crysis, it's actually quite good in Call of Duty 4

EDIT TO LAST POST: What score do you get on 3dmark06? i get dissapointing 2414 over and over again. No OC though.