LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASPIRE 5520

kam1kaza

Hi

not so long ago i bought acer aspire 5520 with nvidia 7000/610 chipset,i couldnt wait for better graph. card, so i would like to know does it have mxm slot or not

thanks

Guest Jacob Korf

I have the same notebook, but i have the Geforce 8400m with 128 mb integrated, 896 shared tc.

And i also heard about a geforce 8600m 256, whoes also in the aspire 5520.

So i think you, (and hopefully me too) have a great chance that there's mxm on it. (if it does, i want to buy a new graphic-card too :) )

Anyway, i hope there are people who really knows if the 5520 does contain mxm (and preferably wich type of mxm).

Many regards,

Jacob Korf

i saw that model too, but i already bought this, i will later post pictures of opened laptop so if anyone knows is it mxm i hope that will help to find out, sorry for my english

Guest Jacob Korf
i saw that model too, but i already bought this, i will later post pictures of opened laptop so if anyone knows is it mxm i hope that will help to find out, sorry for my english

No problem :)

I'm really happy there are more with the same problem as i have :)

Guest bolojohn

Hello, everybody! Here is my problem, I've bought aspire 5520 and installed Win.XP pro. and now I'm facing a problem with drivers, I've got some from Acer's website, but display driver is still a problem, the display stays at 1024x768 and I can't find the right one to be able to set the display to 1280, so if anybody knows where to get drivers for this model or may be somebody have got some XP drivers for it and can may be UPLOAD them to rapidshare.com or give me a link please. I need XP drivers for this machine badly. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest HoMaster

I have to same problem with the VGA Nvidia driver for my 5520 after I installed XP. I downloaded the XP drivers from the acer website (america) and I get install errors for the VGA drivers saying that it cannot copy file nv4_mini.sy_ and nv4_disp.dl_ and the ftp link you have here no longer has any XP drivers, only vistas-- damn Microsoft! Can someone please help me as to where I can get the right drivers?

Read up here on this site!!!! OR use the mighty "SEARCH BUTTON"

The drivers here work if you install them correctly!!

LaptopVideo2Go Rocks!!!

Edited by tvone2

• 3 months later...
Guest robbie50734
Read up here on this site!!!! OR use the mighty "SEARCH BUTTON"

The drivers here work if you install them correctly!!

LaptopVideo2Go Rocks!!!

the links provided say not authorised do you have another for me please?