LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.17 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

haven't tried crysis on these yet but GOW works great at maxed settings :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yabai

• odin607

• mobilenvidia

• Barvazon

Guest Suicidesteve
Yes, I have the same problem when I'm playing COD4 on my G1S as well...

Can anyone help us? I can notice the performance is better with this driver but the pulsing effect ....-_-"

G1s too and the same problem...almost drives me mad. This effect stopps, when changing lower details etc....

Guest Anthony

On a DELL XPS M1710 (T7200, 2Go DDR2, HD 7200 bpm, Geforce GO 7950 GTX) GOW runs on max Settings (Graphics options, Résolution in 1920x1200) with 169.12 and CRYSIS very well too.

CRYSIS

screenshot0121ty7.th.jpg

GOW

gowhighresfd5.th.jpg

:)

G1s too and the same problem...almost drives me mad. This effect stopps, when changing lower details etc....

Maybe you can try this:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=172717

Post here if it helped :)

Guest iknownothing

2.0 ghz dual core

1 gb ram

geforce 8600M GS

and vista 32bit

are my specs and I think I should be able to play crysis on higher settings than 800x600 / anti alising off / every advanced setting low

what might the problem with my laptop?

Guest Damocles
Maybe you can try this:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=172717

Post here if it helped :)

Yeap I went and updated the bios on my G1S to the new 205 version that Asus put out. I just used the Easy Flash that is already on the computer in the BIOS and it updated quick. No more pulsing style lag. The link that sgtmatt1 posted is really good

These are great drivers. I've gotten my best 3dMark06 score (4242) using them, and TF2 is now running like a dream on my G2S

2.0 ghz dual core

1 gb ram

geforce 8600M GS

and vista 32bit

are my specs and I think I should be able to play crysis on higher settings than 800x600 / anti alising off / every advanced setting low

Vista + 1 Gb RAM + demanding game = ouch. You could do with abit more RAM for that, thats more then likly the problem. At least my vista takes about 600+ mb loaded, i got all fancy stuffs like aero on though

On a more ontopic note, those drivers seem to be stable and good, havnt noticed any BSODs (yet... :) )

2.0 ghz dual core

1 gb ram

geforce 8600M GS

and vista 32bit

You should try to use the "Readyboost" function in vista, actually it helps you to "fake" that you have more ram.. I have enough ram i my laptop, but i can still fell the difference! Just use an USB key (empty), and the make this one boost your system!!

I believe these drivers were released for the sole purpose of increasing performance in FFXI. I think it's somewhere in the release notes.

this is true, i play FF, and it helps considerably (FFXI is basically an emulated PS2 game.. the coding is horrible and drivers never really went well with it lol)

Square Enix (SE) has always blamed NVIDIA for the problems, and NVIDIA denied them. At the last game convention SE announced NVIDIA was making new drivers to optimize the game (finally realized it was them).

and thats that, yay for this update

Edited by odin607

I just tried to install these drivers, (These seem to be made for FFXI players, which i have been for 5 years).

I'm running vista 32 bit

Geforce Go 6150

When i try to install, my computer crashed, and wouldn't reboot untill i went to safe mode and switched back to the old drivers. In the list of G-cards that these drivers suppoter i see Geforce 6150, but the "Go" is missing. Do i just have the only G-card that can't use this very much needed update? If it should support it, what am i doing wrong? i used Quickstart Guide at the start of this post for installing. I'm hearing nothing but great things about this driver on my FFXI fourms saying it has fixed most FPS problems... i would like to use it XD.

double post by mistake sorry

admin can delete this or w/e since theres no delete button -_-;

Edited by odin607

I'm on the phoniex server atm, enjoying a nice 7FPS in whitegate.... while my friend is making jokes with me because hes sitting at 27FPS with this driver >.>

you need to follow the instructions

laptop videos dont accept the ones that are linked on BG dude

use this site's, and go through the guide for the modified INF

im using it right now on my inspiron 1720, 8600M GT

do you have aim?

IM odin607

I thought i was using the laptop drivers to the setup, and i did use the modified INF before the install, Sorry no AIM only MSN XD. I've been using only this site for the download/install, i only used BG to get to the fourms

Edited by yabai

I'm going to try and redownload the driver, i did this last night before knowing about the INF file. wish me luck >.>

does this fix the crazy flickering that's been in the other 169s? or is it really only for FFXI?

Guest Standingfast

Hi, I have an Alienware m9750 with dual 7950's and Vista (32), and every video driver I install except the stock ones have the same issue. When SLi is enabled and I try to bring the system out of standby, everything appears to be fine except the entire screen is gery/white. The computer must be hard reset in order to get it working again. This does not happen with the stock driver, it resumes from standby just fine.

Thanks in advance for the assist, I REALLY need to update my drivers ^_^.

as far as ive read its FF only, and mine dont flicker at all, this one owns actually lol =x

Edited by odin607

well just tryed this again.... computer crashed again, and took a good 30+ mins to restore my computer so i could even see the desktop. I've installed both from the way the guide says, and from the setup in the file itself. It says it works with my card but all i get is the bluescreen of death... Really just sick of it, PC/Laptop/Vista/Nvidia it has giving me nothing but problems. I think i'm going to go buy a mac today >.>

hi, i'm new here and i have a lot of questions hehe

1.- if i install this i will have a better performance on my video card (for games)?

2.- this is compatible with my nvidia geforce go 7300 video card?

3.-my actual driver its an 7.15.10.9808, i should install this driver (169.17)?

sorry for my bad english jeje

thanks a lot

there's new driver in the nvidia website - 169.21

link : http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.21.html

Tried to do this with the current INF file at the start of this topic, did the setup and for a second i thought it worked, but it said no files were changed, blah getting my hopes up