LaptopVideo2Go Forums

53.30 Results

LSudlow

I hope there are some bug fixes because the performance change is nada:

Driver............3DMark01.............3DMark03

53.03 was flawless on my machine, so maybe others who had bugs can tell us whether they've been fixed in 53.30 or not.

Machine: Dell Inspirion 5150

CPU: 3.06 GHz Pentium 4M (Non HyperThreading)

RAM: 512MB

GPU: Nvidia FX Go5200 w/ 64MB RAM

Driver Version: 53.30

I roll my own. They aren't too different from the ones Teraphy and Pieter publilsh here, but I customize them specifically for my own machine. I'm glad to share if anyone wants a look, but they're probably only of interest to Dell FX Go5200 owners.

It works fine on my i5150. But I use TV Tool to control it instead of the driver. Very handy program. If you aren't aware of it, you can find it at:

http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Guest citrixcl

sudlow i would be very interested in your 5150 inf... please share any tweaks you specifically added... i use pieters right now... but he is puttin gin tons of nondell stuff.... i always go for the latetest driver and he is always on top of the competition... but sometimes i tweak them formyself.

citrixcl, e-mail me at LSudlow@sover.net and I'll send it to you. It's not a modified version of Pieters. I build it pretty much from scratch, with ideas stolen shamelessly from both Terephy and Pieter's superb work. Aside from getting rid of the non-FX5200 stuff, I enable Sideband Addressing, get rid of the NWIZ configuraion wizard, and do a few other things that Pieter is wise to leave out of a general distribution. It works flawlessly for me, so I'll be interested to see how it performs for others.

Larry,

Don't be shy, add your INF as 'Code' (attachments don't work at the mo)for all to try (go5200 users anyway).

If it helps the masses it's got to be good.

I removed most of the tweaks you still have enabled, as it caused problems for some. ( I try to please as many users as possible)

But they are still in the INF just need the ';' removed to enable them.

As at 11.65 there are a whole heap more I found by getting folks to add their INFs to the sticky else where in this Forum.

Keep up the good work.

Pieter.

No problem, Pieter. Here goes!

(Edited) Some of the lines are very long and created an unbelievable colum width on this page, so I'm adding it as an attachment instead. Attachments seem to be working again.

Hi,

I just installed the new INF's and new det drivers(INF ver 11.65, det version 53.03), i get a slight performance increases in games like KOTOR and HW 2. The only thing that i find annoying with the new drivers is that they give me a missing texture or so in Call of Duty. Right now I am having a dilemma on which driver/inf combo to use. 45.23 gives me ok performance but does not give me any texture errors. 53.03 gives me performance increase but produces texture errors.

Seems to me that the 53.03 does not like Quake 3 engine games, but prefer games that uses Dx9 extensively.

My specs : Toshiba p25-607.

• 2 weeks later...
produces texture errors

if d3d, then try the texel alignment setting under "more direct3d" and try 5,6 or 7.