LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.25 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Does really nobody know how to redetect my settings in Rivatuner 2.06?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charles-0100

• Batumulia

• Sinth

• sgtmatt1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Boss

Hi Guys, Lots of good information on here, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this driver set on the XPS M1330 with the 8400GS. I noticed on Dell's website, they list the 150 something driver set and the newer set would be preferred. I looked up the INF page for installation, and seems fairly easy. One other question, I have NTune on my desktop with my 8800, works awesome, is Ntune a program that I could install on the laptop with this driver set? Thanks for any bit of help!

Guest Ethenyl

Hello guys,

Just for informations, I'm not using those drivers since I have installed Xp on my G1S and the .21 works well for me.

My question is, for all the owner of G1S AK092C, does anyone of you have big problems with performance ? ALL the games (not WoW in Windowed mode 800*600) are getting really slow after 2 or 3 minutes. The performances start to behave strangly, like that :

/\ /\ /\

/ \ / \ / \

____/ \___/ \___/ \___

And when I get back to the desktop (ALT + TAB) CPU & Ram aren't that high (I even tried with Jade Empire : Special Edition, quite and old game), and when I get back within the game, everything works fine for some seconds and restart to behave like the previous "drawing".

I've already emailed the Asus Tech Support, ask me if I was using MAXIMUM settings for every games (even if I tried everything at LOW and by 800* 600), told them that I've ordered 4 Gb of RAM to change the actual ones.

Is there someone in the same case ? I'm getting mad about this s*** !

Thanks in advance :)

Does really nobody know how to redetect my settings in Rivatuner 2.06?

my way is set it back to defaults , not let it overclock , then dont enable driver-level hardware overclocking , after enable it again , it shall ask you to reboot the system , then ahould be fine

I'm currently testing these for usage with HP/Compaq/VoodooPC systems. Hopefully I'll have enough testing done soon to post it up.

my way is set it back to defaults , not let it overclock , then dont enable driver-level hardware overclocking , after enable it again , it shall ask you to reboot the system , then ahould be fine

Will try that, thanks for your info.

is this driver stable ??? good driver ? coz any temperature changes ?? thx for info

i have a geforce 8600M GT but when I try to install the drivers appear me this window:

immaginemb7.jpg

Why? sorry for my bad english and thanks

new, i'm a user :)

Thank you very much :) Time to OC :) :P :P

It's normal, you have a laptop and the drivers are for desktop, to install them you must put the INF file in the same directory where is the SETU.EXE file

the .inf file is in the same directory of setup.exe but there is the same error :) Can you explain every step for using this driver for a laptop?

thanks

I have an LG R500 Laptop.

Since 169.04, i cant overclock all clocks.

There is one thing i can overclock, and that is the Shaders. But each time i increase/decrease the Shader clock, the Core clock goes down by 1Mhz and i cant change it back to 500Mhz (stock). So if i overclock the Shaders i end up with Core at 499Mhz (not a big deal, but it is strange).

I tried the "Restart to detect settings" procedure, and the Rivatuner fix (that Anthony posted), nothing works. Can anyone else overclock the Shaders and not the rest of the card?

By the way, must i do anything else besides copying the files to that folder Anthony?

Here is a screenshot:

post-16015-1198173876_thumb.jpg

Edited by EVO21

the .inf file is in the same directory of setup.exe but there is the same error :) Can you explain every step for using this driver for a laptop?

thanks

Italiano :) ? Anche io :P

Just in case you aren't italian.. You must download the modded INF from the first page and copy it in the directory of the setup.. You must ovewrite the original inf.

Got it?

Guest Anthony

Ok To OC with RIVATUNER v2.06 with this drivers list:

I have create the new files and modified the master file of database.

RIVATUNER read his base and it knows just all drivers to 169.04 !!!

now you have just put all files here:

C:\Programmes\RivaTuner v2.06\Databases\NVIDIA\W2K\

and the OC was good.

Files

PS: Excuse me for poor english, because I'm french :)

Guest Anthony

EVO 21, before i have just put the file for 169.25, now with all files i give you you must can OC,

I have a DELL XPS M1710 laptop with Geforce Go 7950 GTX and with all 169.xx series of NVIDIA Drivers, I OC very well :)

Nope, i cant, are you sure i dont need to do anything else?

post-16015-1198196052_thumb.jpg

I have a Geforce 8400M G, windows vista 32bit, the latest driver for this geforce is this one, but INF does not work in this geforce, what can i do?

i have a laptop

You have to add in the Uninstaller that Nvidia forgot to add. Just edit the 169.25 INF referencing another and then copy the uninstaller file from a previous set and install.

Guest simdude
I can't download the drivers, it redirect me to the site's homepage x_x
y i cant download?? I press the link but it will return to home page. :)

Is there another place I can download this driver from? Just like these guys I get barred to the homepage when I click the download link at the top of the thread.

Ok To OC with RIVATUNER v2.06 with this drivers list:

I have create the new files and modified the master file of database.

RIVATUNER read his base and it knows just all drivers to 169.04 !!!

now you have just put all files here:

C:\Programmes\RivaTuner v2.06\Databases\NVIDIA\W2K\

and the OC was good.

Files

PS: Excuse me for poor english, because I'm french :)

bye herny

This ini works for 169.25 WHQL?

no , it`s just a file can let you install the driver for a laptop