• Charles-0100

• Batumulia

• Sinth

• ByronGman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest erol440

Hello hello,

First of all, thanks to the people putting the files up here so we can update our drivers..

And in case someone is interested, I have an Asus F3SV with an 8600M GS.

Previous driver: 163.69, 3DMark06 score: 2292

Current driver : 169.25, 3DMark06 score: 2400.

Merry xmas everyone..

I need to install these as WHQL since bluray requires WHQL for playback. How can I install these drivers which are supposed to be WHQL with a modded inf for my 8700m SLI setup? I have an XPS M1730... any pointers?

Unfortunately, when you use a modded inf, you break the WHQL stamp. There's no way around it.

So in other words you're saying that since nvidia won't release drivers directly for the mobile chipsets like the 8700m directly to customers, I'll never have WHQL drivers without the manufacturers help (Dell) which of course will take forever to get WHQL certified from MS and always be half a year or more out of date...?

How can I achieve bluray playback without WHQL? AnyDVD doesn't do it... any other options??

You can try other unmodded WHQL drivers (than Dell's) to see if they work. This is a big issue for many people on this forum so if anything changes, we'll report it immediately.

i'have hp pavillion dv 6635el with NVIDIA geforce 8400M GS 128 mb. when i play with fifa 08 previously menù was very slow, when i've patched with forceware 169.25 and his modded inf , menù is fast, but now the game is slow, very slow, must i fix with 169.28 and his modded inf??????... .

sorry for my english

Hi,

I have been having this same problem with all the gfx drivers I have tried for a while now (160+). At a certain point, it seems quite random, I get a BSOD caused by the nvlddkdm.sys file, and sometimes a simple reboot solves whatever problem was there, other times, like today, I can reinstall the drivers however much I want, but I get a continual BSOD loop, which can only be broken by either safe mode or uninstalling the drivers (which I have done to post this).

I have a Toshiba Satellite X200 running Vista Ultimate 32-bit, 8700M GT, Intel Centrino Duo 2.2GHz and 2GB DDR2 RAM.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have been having this same problem with all the gfx drivers I have tried for a while now (160+). At a certain point, it seems quite random, I get a BSOD caused by the nvlddkdm.sys file, and sometimes a simple reboot solves whatever problem was there, other times, like today, I can reinstall the drivers however much I want, but I get a continual BSOD loop, which can only be broken by either safe mode or uninstalling the drivers (which I have done to post this).

I have a Toshiba Satellite X200 running Vista Ultimate 32-bit, 8700M GT, Intel Centrino Duo 2.2GHz and 2GB DDR2 RAM.

Sorry, typo -> nvlddmkm.sys

hi guys, i d/loaded the driver file...extracted etc & when i replaced the inf file it did`nt ask me if i wanted to replace it & i get the feeling nothings happened. Do i need to replace the inf file....usually i get a message This file already exists, do you want to replace it. thanx?

For some reason the exe, usualy 30 Mb, it's a lot bigger, 58 Mb :O

What change?

Ps: Tnks for you great job, you are the PANACEA for all notebook gamers.

have anyone encountered any problem playing the witcher with this driver?mine got crashed several times. but this driver works very well with crysis....

i was using the 167.45 drivers but i have just got this driver and ido get better performance but the gpu temp has gone up 10 degrees

167.45 50 (idle) - 60 (gaming)

169.25 60 (idle) - 70 (gaming)

is this ok?

Edited by GaryHook

Hi,

I also get this a lot. Only a few drivers work with the Toshiba x200 smoothly. The rest (even the new ones) give me BSOD's on reboot,

Unfortunately I'm stuck on trial and error. I would like to know what the real problem is, since other owners don't seem to have this problem.

--Using a Toshiba x200-AA3, Vista Ultimate 32 bit, 8700M GT, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz

Guest Vista-Buster

Hello,

when I want to install the driver as its described I always receive the same error.

Windows Vista doesn't support Age of Empires II Update v2.0a

What has Age of Empires II to do with my grafikdrivers???

I have an Acer 5920g, Vista x32 and lots of problems^^

thx for help :)

PS: Sorry for my english... im german O.o

I can't seem to download the drivers anymore. It gives me 404 error. Anyone know another place I can get these?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CHRISPman

I have recently got an ASUS A7SV series. I was wondering if this driver is compatable with my 8600M GS card as i have trouble running things such as COD 4, and Crysis wen my specs seem right.

Processor is Core duo 2.2GHz

2 Gig RAM

Geforce 8600M GS 256Mb

Thank you very much for any imput

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alejo

Hello.... i have a geforce 8400m gs on my laptop with vista 32 bit... I´m having this problem with fifa 2008... when i got the computer it ran me slow fifa 2008... even in the menu it was slow which it wasnt supposed to be that way... I started looking for solutions and i got to this page, which i think it´s great and thank you... the thing is i installed the version 169.25 on my laptop and I thought it would work perfect with that driver, but know it fixed the menu, it works as it should be, but when i play the game it´s still slow, not the way it should be... please help me... which driver do you recommend me to install for this matter? thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

I can't get Age of Conan to work on my Geforce 8600M GS laptop from HP (dv9540us). It's pissin me off!!

Is there any drivers that work? I tried 169.25 and the screen goes black after logging in. Let me know, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I am no techie, but I can say this... I just installed 169.21 for my 7950 gtoc running on a P4 3.0GHZ 1 GB ram, and games ran like poop.

I uninstalled and went back to my old driver I got last year, 94.something and games are back to fine again...

My baldurs gate 2 made the cooling fans get uber-loud with the new driver, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas showed FPS decrease, and even a 2-d freeware space shooter called "DIE SLAVE" ran like poop with the new driver....

I would recommend to everyone, stick with what you got for now, until they put out a better driver, because this one has problems.

• 5 months later...
When i play crysis with this drive it reverts to windowed mode right after the intro videos, its actually pretty annoying. anyone having the same problem?

go to your game setting / video settings and check the full screen mode !