LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce4 440 GoGL

insitebuilders

I recently bought an M90 and had 2 "older" M50's. One has an upgraded 700 thx to this forum that runs great, but the other had a dead video card so I replaced it w/ the NVIDIA card I pulled out of the first M50. I then upgraded that patched M50 to XP and to my surprise the device manager lists this replacement card as a NVIDIA GeForce 4 440 GoGL and not a Quad 500 I anticipated. I now have the drivers for the 700 and 500 (no joy), but can't seem to find a driver for the GeForce4 440 on Dell or NVIDIAs websites.

I can find sites selling subscripts to drivers, but not sure of their value? Can anyone point me to a mfrs website with this driver? Or recommend an alternative...?

Thanks again.

/D

There is no such card as the GeForce 440 Go GL, the INF for whatever driver you are using has the wrong name listed. (although it doesn't affect the operation of the card)

I would recommend the 77.77 driver with Pieter's mod INF for the 500 Go GL, or the 82.10 drivers with John's INF for the 700 Go GL.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6972

What are talking about with websites selling driver stuff?

You should stay away from those crappy scam places.

The only manufacturer drivers for those cards are Dell's 42 series and some 67 series (I think) they put out for the Quadro 700 GoGL. (it was buggy though, just put out for support of newer CAD programs)

Thx that coding is a bit much for me, I found this online for the Dell 8200: nVidia GeForce4 440 Go, v.4.17.00.55.C1 and 4.17.00.55.C2, A05. Will see if it works for the M50...?

/D

There is no good reason to start reflashing the VBIOS of the 440 go card, even if you do it correctly the card could still become a paper weight.

Same thing probably holds true for the 500Go GL card. If it works I wouldn't reflash it. There are known issues reflashing these cards.

I don't know how you guys keep up w/ these thgs (which I guess is why the scam sites (funny since their banner seems to be one of the sponsors of this forum...;-)

The descrip seems to be calling it a driver...I

< nVidia GeForce4 440 Go, v.42.58, A03

Release Title: Video: nVidia GeForce4 440 Go, Driver, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron 8200, Latitude C840, v.42.58, A03

Release Date: 5/17/2005

Criticality: Optional

Description: Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go Video Driver for Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional and Windows 2000.

R58746.EXE 11 MB 27 min Hard-Drive

Tho I did notice an optional BIOS

< nVidia GeForce4 440 Go, v.4.17.00.55.B1 and 4.17.00.55.B2, A04. Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go A04 Video BIOS upgrade.

Release Title: Video: nVidia GeForce4 440 Go, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron 8200, Latitude C840, v.4.17.00.55.B1 and 4.17.00.55.B2, A04

Release Date: 1/8/2003

Criticality: Optional

Description: Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go A04 Video BIOS upgrade.

A04NV17.exe 1 MB

I guess I avoid the Optional BIOS upgrade...but I thk I need the driver? What I get is the lack of hardware acceleration on one of our CAD programs and that software vendor blames it on the driver (since its only on this one machine.....?

Not sure if that helps, but thx again...

/D