LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

Nice to see another owner; if I just had waited a couple of months, now I should be running a 8800. But this 1600M is about enough for my modest gaming needs and this lappie feels sturdy - except the fan tends to spin up too easily (especially on AC power).

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there.

I've a problem and i hope you can help.

I've a dell precision M6300 with a quadro fx 1600M.

This is a replacement for a dell inspiron 9400/e1705 with a geforce go 7900 gs.

My problem is that dell drivers are very slow with this card. For what i've read perforcemarce are similar, but i'm losing about 25% in performace in a quick benchmark i'm running.

So zipper can you guide me in installing drivers?

Which drivers i've to download ? I need modded inf?

I've to change anything with rivatuner?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother u

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....=16561&st=0

(the beginning of this thread) has what I've tried - probably missing a handful of good ones.

174.31 and 174.74 have been the best performers so far. Nothing special with RivaTuner, just

casual overclocking tests.

Uhm ... Do you use stock drivers, or drivers with modded inf ?

7900 gs seems to outperform fx1600m :/

Edited by quivalen

The most recent drivers do support 1600M directly. If they don't, I use the modded Inf. 1600M/7900 are about on the same level, depends on the benchmark. 128bit bus does cripple 1600M where much traffic is going thru the bus. But 1600M overclocks happily, a bit more than 20% if needed.

174.93 tried - about as fast as 174.74.

• 2 weeks later...

175.12 tried - about same performance level, but: No Control Panel.

Added 3DMark Vantage (slideshow...) and 175.12 crashes - or doesn't start with MS Visual runtime error; back to 174.93 fixed the crash.

175.51 tried. The fastest so far on 3DMark03, decent on newer benchies. Overclocks, but: no CP for me; 3DMark Vantage still crashes with MS Visual Basic dll error.

174.93 tried - about as fast as 174.74.

So you use the 174.93 and modded driver from this site? I have a Dell M6300 Quadro FX 1600M and can't seem to load these drivers, it loads it all up then at the end says is has been unsuccessful. How do you do it?

Also, I've loaded the latest dell driver (174.31) and it performs like a dog in some directx9C games (e.g. X3 Reunoin) so I've gone back to 163.75 at the moment.

DO you have the same problem?

Edit: Downloaded driver and inf file again and it loaded OK. Not sure what I was doing the first time. Driver fine in DX9C games now :) .

Further Edit: Tried 175.51 and X3 was unplayable after about 10 seconds, really choppy. Going back to 174.93.

Edited by ianrobo75

I'll stick with 174.74 as it has no bigger problems so far. Except it crashed yesterday - my fault with too fast mouseclicks somewhere in a game - and got totally black screen, forcing to restore the system.

Rechecked 174.70 as MS Update tends to offer it as the default for my gear. The results were 10-30 points less than during the first try, so no deal.

best driver i found so far is 174.16 you should give those a go.

i find less stuttering in my games with them also image quality is a jump up from 174.74 for me.

Less 3d mark score however

174.93 retested with Pieter's Inf - the best results so far on 03,05,06.

• 3 weeks later...

175.80 tried. No Control Panel, overclocks. The fastest so far on newer tests - but Vantage doesn't start.

• 2 weeks later...

177.26: Crap - no picture to my external monitor. Decent benchmarks. No CP, overclocks.

• 2 weeks later...

177.40 tried; bugs ironed, so external monitor works, CP works, too! Overclocks, but 3DVantage still doesn't start. Fastest so far on 06; older benchies mediocre.

177.41 now - fast on 3DMark03; again no CP!

177.40 rerun, better results and now 3DMark Vantage did run - a huge 15% improvement over 174.93! (still depressing slow...)

Did OC testing with 177.40 - max gain is about 25%.

You don't get the CP when using the 177.41 drivers?

No.

Hi there, could any of you Quadro owners, upload a video or showme some how, how well does it behave in the viewport of any 3D program, like 3dsmax or maya or any other ?

i'm thinking of flashing or do a mod to a 8600GT or a 8800GT to FX 1700 or FX 3700

will there be any tests of the 176.xx quadro drivers? I'm guessing the results would be lower since they are quadro drivers

will there be any tests of the 176.xx quadro drivers? I'm guessing the results would be lower since they are quadro drivers

OK, 176.04 tested. No bugs found, works about as fast as 176.40. - Well, 3DMark06 crashed once, probably due to heat. I raised my lappie a little and it ran then OK.