LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

And then 177.66 - pretty fast on newer stuff, but something wrong with CP - couldn't get the 3D settings to open.

Correction - it took ages to load.

Overclocking works after second reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

177.72 - fastest on 3DMark06. But: No CP; DX10 lost and doesn't come back even when reinstalling the newest redistributable. And of course Vantage doesn't start, complaining missing DX10 .

So rolled back to 177.40 and everything works again.

177.73 - the overall fastest on 3DMark03 and 06. But same problems - no DX10, no CP. Very odd behaviour with my card.

Now tried with original INF - and CP + DX10 work; so the modified INF is bugged. Speed on benchmarks is top level.

Reinstalled with fixed modded INF. DX10 works now, but no CP. Similar good results. Overclocks well,too.

177.79 with fixed modified INF - still no CP. But the fastest so far on 3DMark06 and Vantage.

...fixed still once and reinstalled, now CP works and benchies are first rate. 3dMark03 also fastest now.

177.79 with enabled PhysX gave about 100 points more on 3DMark Vantage.

177.83 a little slower; no CP with modified INF (with nvcod133.dll)

177.89 tried, about the same as .83 and behaves similarly.

Step backward with 176.26, Fujitsu-S. Crap as they have been, no overclocking. Bad performance on 3DMark06 and Vantage. CP works yet. No PhysX of course.

177.85 tried with original INF; no quirks. Fastest on Vantage, but older benchies not too good. OC and CP OK.

You probably have less processes running - or faster processor - or some mystic in there. :)

177.92 tried - nothing special speedwise; no CP with modded INF. 177.79 still the top benchmarker.

177.92 failed to install with latest INF - so back to 177.85 with original INF. And with cleaned system the benchmarks are absolute top.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fougere

My "old" 177.40 works fine.

CP available, overclocked to 15% faster with Riva Tuner 2.10.

The complete manual related to the 8710w is here

Useful to clean the laptop (see the section "Component replacement procedures") and many others things.

177.92 failed to install with latest INF - so back to 177.85 with original INF. And with cleaned system the benchmarks are absolute top.

Guys, where can I download the latest drivers from? The Nvidia site won't let me as it tells you to go via HP who don't have any newer drivers. I'm currently on 174.70 and getting some really bad bugging in World of Warcraft. Any ideas?

Guys, where can I download the latest drivers from? The Nvidia site won't let me as it tells you to go via HP who don't have any newer drivers. I'm currently on 174.70 and getting some really bad bugging in World of Warcraft. Any ideas?

I'm a noob - spotted the downloads section on this site. The 177.40 download doesn't mention support for FX1600M though - is that the right one to try?

I'm a noob - spotted the downloads section on this site. The 177.40 download doesn't mention support for FX1600M though - is that the right one to try?

I'm still a noob! Found the modified .inf details which include FX1600M. I'll shut up now....

177.98 tried - about as fast as 177.85 and nothing to complain. Worth trying!

• 3 weeks later...

178.13 tried using have disk, especially fast on 3DMark03 and 5, no problems found. One of the fastest overall. Results to come later.

Now added to the table - impressive how the older benchmarks still get better figures!

179.13 tried, no problems. About as fast as 178.13 - a couple of points faster.

179.13 works well on my Dell precision 6300.

Overclocks and CP.

3DMark06 : 5300

5846 with RivaTuner 715/1442/874

5908 with RivaTuner 715/1442/912 but Crysis freezes

Crysis Benchmark GPU : 38 fps with 1280x800, no aliasing and RivaTuner 715/1442/874

27 fps with 1490x900, no aliasing and RivaTuner 715/1442/874

• 2 weeks later...

178.26 quadro driver: the fastest so far on Vantage and overall among the fastest. No quirks found.