LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

180.20 tried - best on 3DMark03 and 06 but crashes on 3DMark Vantage.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

And quickly to 180.42 from NVidia and modified inf; Vantage works and benches 10% better; other benchmarks not on top level but good. PowerMizer might be broken - must check.

OK, powermizer doesn't work as meant by default - seems to stick on 3D performance /AC and low power 3D/battery.

180.43 tried - they have admirably succeeded to remove performance enhancements made during the last couple of months when debugging this driver :) - and PowerMizer misbehaves in the same way still, no 2D.

• 3 weeks later...
180.43 tried - they have admirably succeeded to remove performance enhancements made during the last couple of months when debugging this driver :) - and PowerMizer misbehaves in the same way still, no 2D.

Hello Zipper,

Your thoroughness in testing is admirable. I have the same 8710w laptop and would like to install some unofficial drivers primarily to get CUDA working. However in the past doing so would usually diable my multi monitor support so that nothing comes out of the VGA or the HDMI. Have you had anysuch issue with the various drivers you are testing? Do you test if these features work? Would yuo have any recommendation for which version to use. I realize that I am running Windows XP and it might end up being completely different.

--

Infamous_panda

Not too much, but so far only HP official drivers have been working on HDMI, the others do recognize the HDMI screen but give black screen. But I've tried just a couple of drivers, the most probable to work are the NVidia ones with OEM infs or the quadro drivers - I have to look back time permitting. HP 174.70 is the latest that works for me.

178.46 Quadro driver:

Seems to be dud as benchmarker, all tests worse than 178.26. No PhysX either. No HDMI with my HP.

And 180.43 didn't support HDMI either as I tried it now.

I just got a 8710w myself and I am having some issues with the video. I have tried the drivers from laptopvideo2go and HP and anytime I play any games, it will crash randomly, sometimes causing my system to hard lock. Anyone have any drivers that they are having good luck with playing games?

I'm not too fond of gaming - but almost never had crashes; just when benchmarking heavily overclocked. Excluding the original HP drivers, which were totally crap and crash-prone (101.63).

Check your temperatures - for example keep RivaTuner hardware monitoring on during gaming to see what's happening.

Found it! 176.68 works with HDMI upto 1080i - but as a driver it's pretty lame - a tad better as the former HDMI compliant 174.70.

180.44 tried, now with modified inf. Still a me too benchmarker - and black screen via HDMI.

this driver not performing well for you? scored well for me and my testing. you tried 179.14 zip?

I find the 178.xx and 179.xx as better so far - even when the buggy 180.20 was very fast.

180.48 tried - everything works except no link via RMB. Performance no better than predecessors'

Wow, a driver crush; 180.70 now. A tiny bit better than 180.44 - but no resistance to f.ex. 178.26.

Now tried Dox' s version of 180.70 - a noticeable speedup but Vantage crashes on the same spot as it did with 180.20.

A quick overclock test with 3DMark06 gave the best result so far.

176.92 tried. CP works but has repulsive looks. Bad performance, no PhysX, but a tad better than 176.68 yet. HDMI out works with some quirks.

180.84 with modified inf works - pretty mediocre yet speedwise. Had to download from NVidia.

Hello zipper,

one of the games I play recently had an expansion, and since then alot of people had a drop in FPS. I just found this info on it:

Also, some people have been complaining about the FPS drop they're getting since the release of Wrath of the Lich King, if you're using a Nvidia card and do not update your drivers often you might want to check the Forceware 180.48 (Win XP / Vista) drivers released a few days after the expansion. (I'm only bringing this up now because my framerate surprisingly improved when I updated, it doesn't mean that it will work with you but it definitely helps for some people)

Thing is, the NVIDIA site sends me to the HP site (I am using the exact same laptop as you), which has horribly outdated drivers.

So it looks like you know alot about which drivers are good (with all the testing you've done), could you tell me what driver is the 'best' right now? I mainly use the laptop for gaming, movies and Photoshop. I'd also like to be able to use the HDMI port.

Thanks!

179.04 HP tried, have disk method. Another crappy release, no PhysX and no HDMI.

181.00 tried. No problems but a bit slower than 180.84.

179.28 tried - pretty good, beats every standard 180.xx driver except in 3DMark Vantage. Have disk method used to install.

• 2 weeks later...

185.20 tried. Wow, 3DMark Vantage to new heights and other benchies tops, too. HDMI works! Supersedes 179.28 as my favourite.

Now 185.20 with modified inf - surprising performance drop in all benchmarks from -1.0% to -2.6% !