LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

Performance always as my own settings are performance emphasized.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but don't think it's much different from 179.28.

182.05 Dox gives also the best results so far for me (Dell precision M6300).

How does HDMI work with Dell? Do all drivers give output to external screen/TV?

Now 179.48 - as expected a little faster than 179.28 except 3DMark Vantage, which is pretty poor compared to the latest drivers. Bonus: HDMI works fine, many resolutions in addition to 1080i and 720p.

@Zipper,

Actually, only drivers provided by Dell alow to use HDMI.

With other drivers, analog output to an external screen is sometimes possible, depending on the version.

Driver 182.05 does not give any output to an external screen.

So the situation is still worse than on HP/Compaq, which do have working HDMI with some drivers other than original :)

Hello Zipper!

It's more than one year that i came at laptopvideo2go EVERY DAY, I check the news, I download and install all the drivers that apperas (as is, modded inf, and modded by myself).

I see an increase in performance up to 177.41 (probably the best for me).

After this, my furmark score stop at 417, with all the drivers that i test.

Now I'm using 179.44. Good also 182.06, strange, the score is lower (414). IQ appear a bit better (may be a placebo).

I reformat the PC in december (for others problems), but still this limit.

I'm CPU limited? If I change the resolution, the score jump up a lot, so I don't think so.

I'm GPU limited? If yes, wich driver is best for my "old" card, in your opinion? Overall performance, IQ, ...

My specs:

HP 8510W

XP SP3, 32bit

RAM 3 GB

CPU T7700 2,4 GHz

GPU Quadro FX570M

I wait your answer.

Thanks Zipper, thanks Mobilenvidia, an thanks Laptopvideo. Ciao

Dox optimised drivers seem to be the fastest. My favourite so far is 185.20 as it has a working HDMI, which I need to connect to my TV with full resolution - VGA output is restricted.

182.08 tried - about the fastest non-Dox driver. But a big minus as HDMI doesn't work for me (modified inf) so back to 179.48.

• 2 weeks later...

Driver 182.05 does not give any output to an external screen.

So there is no way for me to get secondary screen as primary?

I do get the picture but i cant play on it coz it cant be set as primary...

Otherwise damn fine drivers!

Try Dox 185.20 - it's about as fast and no problems with external via HDMI. Im always using just the external but I believe dual screens with external as primary should work. And there is a registry hack floating somewhere in the forums to make it happen.

The exact situation is i have laptop like in signature in work place, and i got painfully cheap 19" SM913N.....so i use 19" for gaming coz i get awesome frame rates at 1280x1024 + the best possible picture.....and reducing anything below 1920x1200 on 17" laptop screen is becoming blurry and i dont have to mention that is apsurd to try play like cod4 on that resolution hehehehe

So, the problem is, VGA conector is working and i get the picture but not primary and like i said it in post before.

I dont use HDMI for now to know if it works.

Thx

• 3 weeks later...

182.47 tried - a little faster than 182.08 but nothing special. No HDMI.

Now 182.46 Dox version tried to test the effect of increased IQ settings - a negligible loss of benchmark speed. I used have disk method to install. No HDMI - and the modes show up as 62 Hz which probably is incompatible with my TV. Custom resolutions fail.

179.67 via have disk. Suxxs especially with 3DMark Vantage. Only positive is that HDMI works partially - just upto 720p.

179.67 now with whql inf - nothing changed, perhaps a minuscule speed loss...

182.50 tried with modified inf. Works except HDMI. This stupid line of drivers shows just 62 Hz modes as I plug my telly in, probably causing that HDMI problem. Speed is again a little lower than with former 182.xx driver. That's progress...

Then 185.65. Interesting - doesn't install correctly via have disk, CP misses some file(s)?. Yet might be the fastest non-Dox driver so far - waiting for working inf!

185.66 - very similar results, similar problems. CP won't install.

185.65 again, now with modified inf. Works fine, HDMI works also. One of the best.

185,68 Dox version, added lines for my card; same performance as 185.65; HDMI works, audio over HDMI too.